Author Topic: I do 3D modeling... What do you think?  (Read 1822 times)
dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « on: November 22, 2017, 12:41:58 PM » Author: dischargecraze
Hello fellow community.

As some might know, I do 3D modeling in my spare time and I started to work on some lanterns. I finally got to the point where I know how to model more sophisticated shapes. These lanterns together cost me days to make each, to give them as much detail as possible and keeping the poly count reasonably low.
I have uploaded the images in an album on Imgur - check it out!

https://imgur.com/a/9hxLZ (These are high resolution images with transparent backgrounds, if they don't display properly, save the images to your hard drive and open the images in software that allows for transparent backgrounds.)

Tell me what you think :)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:40 PM » Author: Cole D.
Those look really good, and I like those fixtures, especially the post top ones.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 12:09:56 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
The SOX lantern is pretty cool... also like the post tops aswell... they remind me of the ones sailormoon puts in his gallery... forget what they're called though...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:51:45 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
The SOX lantern is pretty cool... also like the post tops aswell... they remind me of the ones sailormoon puts in his gallery... forget what they're called though...
Those ones you may be thinking of are Industria 2000 post tops.

I love your work dischargecraze keep it up. 8)
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:24:21 AM » Author: Beta 5
These look really good, dischargecraze :)
They look like images you may find in the brochure of the lanterns, Fernhoward's 2D bulkheads have similar images to show how the fitting fits together and show its layout inside in their brochures.

Yep they look to be Industria 2000 post top lanterns, I have one in 36w PL-L in my collection.
They also come in SON/MH, and I think they used to come in Mercury as well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:27:46 AM by Beta 5 » Logged

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: I do 3D modeling... What do you think? « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 01:33:48 PM » Author: dischargecraze
Thanks everyone for the kind words. The Industria 2000 still needs an internal construction, when I get a new keyboard for my main computer, I’ll draw the gear and all that.

I also tried making an SRS201 but I don’t know what the dimensions are, and I have trouble with drawing the gear shoe. If someone can supply me with some measurements and pictures of the SRS201 that’d be great.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies