Author Topic: What things that make you excited?  (Read 5405 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 03:57:02 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Finding out that there is possibility of having girlfriend whilst having your interest in lighting and even having one who's got an interest for it!

Anyone use FaceBook by any chance

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 04:48:38 PM » Author: CEB1993

I'm on Facebook.  Under Camden Burns, with my Santa hat profile pic. I'm part of a two Facebook groups, Lamp Life Duration and Lighting Gallery members. They're closed groups, so I would be happy to add you if you'd like. It's another great way to connect with other lighting enthusiasts from LG.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:14 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Sure why not
I send you friend request

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 07:29:12 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I don't use Facebook or Twitter.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 11:22:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
Working on the components to get a specialty lamp up and running.  I have figured out how to work a voltage step converter for my European 230 volt Philips halogen lamp.  My next project will be building a ballast for a 70 watt GE HPS lamp.  Wish me luck  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't use Facebook or Twitter.

Neither does Ria or myself, we avoid any of the 'social media' platforms like the plague...  >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 07:53:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Finding out that there is possibility of having girlfriend whilst having your interest in lighting and even having one who's got an interest for it!

Not only that, but she married me and is now my wife  ;D ;D ;D

Never in a million years  :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 07:58:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

-LED's replaced by older, more reliable lighting (I'm sure it's happened somewhere in this world)

Now, that would get me really excited.  :D

But never more than when I'm with Ria.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:00:33 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:00 PM » Author: Rommie
Now, that would get me really excited.  :D

But never more than when I'm with Ria.  :-*

Awwwww...  ;D 8) ::) :-*

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Aveoguy22
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:42 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
well i gotta say that i'm rather excited for the shipment of two oilfield engines that should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.  biggest engines i own yet.  a 1 1/2 ton Ajax 6 1/2 x 8 and a Fairbanks morse 118 thats just slightly smaller at 1,100 pounds.

gonna be a bear getting them off the trailer w/o a forklift. 
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 08:32:13 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Nice topic.  8)

-Motorcycles, more than anything. Especially if it's the same make and model as mine

-W O M E N, women, and women. On the beach, on a motorcycle, in a car... I don't care. Women

-Buildings that still contain magnetic rapid start fluorescent as their main source of lighting, Slimlines, or Preheat

-LED's replaced by older, more reliable lighting (I'm sure it's happened somewhere in this world)

-Super Smash Brothers

-Sega Genesis

Same, aside from the motercycles thing... they're cool but I'm not really one that gets excited by them... I think that a vehicle that gets me excited are tanks... I especially Like the M5 Stuart and the M22 Locust... If i ever get to drive one of those things I'd be more than likely to be blowing stuff up for fun lmao... (maybe buy an old house and just demolish it LMAOOO)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 08:49:36 PM » Author: Lodge
well i gotta say that i'm rather excited for the shipment of two oilfield engines that should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.  biggest engines i own yet.  a 1 1/2 ton Ajax 6 1/2 x 8 and a Fairbanks morse 118 thats just slightly smaller at 1,100 pounds.

gonna be a bear getting them off the trailer w/o a forklift. 

Do you do anything with listers's ? or other small low speed engines, I've always wanted to build a low speed quite generator that will just run forever using old iron.. 

And getting that off the truck, you might want to get a few friends to help, free beer will help they look heavy and fun to lift...
Aveoguy22
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 09:12:02 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
Do you do anything with listers's ? or other small low speed engines, I've always wanted to build a low speed quite generator that will just run forever using old iron.. 

And getting that off the truck, you might want to get a few friends to help, free beer will help they look heavy and fun to lift...

i don't have any listers, but from what ive heard you want actual listers, or a very good copy.  dont settle for the cheap ones coming from indonesia and china.  there are some good copies that are made in china but it will cost you and the import fees may outweigh the savings for an older well made genuine unit. 

as for the lifting, some ramps and a chain to the back of the tractor will probably get them off the trailer just fine.  they are on skids.  i dont think you could lift the Ajax by hand, anyway.  it weighs ~3200 pounds.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 11:38:18 PM » Author: takemorepills
I get excited when I see a "heroin homeless" shooting up on the sidewalk of downtown Seattle.
I can't wait to try out my Narcan pen on one! I heard that if you see a junkee who just shot up heroin and you hit 'em with some Narcan it totally ruins their high!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:06 AM » Author: Lodge
I get excited when I see a "heroin homeless" shooting up on the sidewalk of downtown Seattle.
I can't wait to try out my Narcan pen on one! I heard that if you see a junkee who just shot up heroin and you hit 'em with some Narcan it totally ruins their high!

Better get ready to run, they can move quicker then you would think, and they won't be happy with you because it pretty much stops it cold in seconds if they are not in an actual overdose, and make sure you protect yourself some of them might be carrying fentanyl and it can be absorbed though your skin (make sure you wear Nitrile gloves) and it doesn't take much.

But don't let that shy you away, if someone is in an overdose condition seconds count and they won't be mobile for a few minutes by which time if you have called 911 the police should be there to control them.

Are they giving out auto-injectors down there yet or are they a kit of three vials of naloxone and some vanish point syringes and are they free?

Just wondering because I volunteer and work with some people at a high risk to opioid addiction / use, so we get them for free here, no questions asked, but not the auto injectors or the nasal spray versions..
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies