Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 3632 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Christmas « on: December 15, 2017, 01:46:05 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Anybody Bought Anything New Christmas Light Wise For This Year?
Thanks

I Bought Some More od These But in Ivory.....

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Christmas « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:33:40 AM » Author: 589
I love those multicolor pearl lights, they are very nice. We bought two of those pre-made pieces with mini lights on them that attach to the window.

:lps:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:50:59 PM » Author: Ash
Nothing

Everything in the shops now is LED, but even few years before that the last Incandescent sets were disappointing. The lamps are the shrink wrapped non replaceable stuff, and for the flashing, instead of the old flicker lamp now there is an electronic controller - but those controllers are of absolutely asinine quality, wires pull straight out of them with a small pull and the controller case itself was falling apart allmost on its own
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:50 PM » Author: wattMaster
We haven't got any more Christmas lights since last year, but there is still time.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:58:00 PM » Author: sol
I bought enough incandescent mini lights (multicolour) to replace the ones we usually put on the tree. I might get some more while I can, and the ones we currently use on the tree are still fine, but when they bite the dust, I don't want a flickering cold tree.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Christmas « Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:48:50 PM » Author: Lodge
Nothing new yet, I don't buy Christmas lights until after Christmas when they sell for like 90% off and then I tend to go a wee bit overboard, and then I just put them away until next Christmas..

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Christmas « Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 11:47:57 PM » Author: 589
Stores down here have all but cleared christmas out of seasonal departments already. Lowes is putting out their summer seasonal stuff this week!!

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 01:58:13 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Oh and Some Of These But in Clear Multi Coloured....
 ;D  ;D  ;D

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 03:26:37 AM » Author: Ash
If i find anywhere the ones like in the pic but with a transparent Plastic spikey thing at the lamp bases, i'd clear the lot..
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:59:49 AM » Author: hannahs lights
I havnt managed to find any filament lamps this year if I do il snap them up its not easy for me to get out at the moment but I'm going shopping next wensday so hopefully mite find some
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Christmas « Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:51 PM » Author: Cole D.
I bought one set for a gift at Kmart as they are closing the store in the new year and everything is on clearance.

I noticed most of the stores are starting to clear out their Christmas items and there aren't as many people buying decorations as there were a couple weeks ago. I did see quite a few incandescent light sets still this year, but the LED ones have gotten cheaper.

Usually I buy this kind of things after Christmas when you can get them really cheaply. Things like electric candles, Christmas lights and stuff.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Christmas « Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 04:53:19 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Anybody Bought Anything New Christmas Light Wise For This Year?
Thanks

I Bought Some More od These But in Ivory.....

I just have a load of string LED and filament christmas lamps, didn't buy anything new this year. Those pearl lamps are beautiful.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Christmas « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 11:59:57 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Did not buy anything this year.. but did attempt to make a string of HPS lights... that did not end how i wanted  ;D :P

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas « Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 11:22:28 AM » Author: randacnam7321
Usual loads as I have around 2 acres to light.  Did find a load of yellow/amber incandescent strings which are bloody hard to find otherwise.  I have a part of the display which uses a number of single color strands and yellow is the one color that is hard to find.

Old school FTW!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Christmas « Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 09:38:57 AM » Author: 589
Did not buy anything this year.. but did attempt to make a string of HPS lights... that did not end how i wanted  ;D :P

Now I understand why you wanted to do series HPS. That's a grand idea to make a string of them. Hmmmm there may be another way...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies