Author Topic: PL Lamp Adapters  (Read 2948 times)
Madness
PL Lamp Adapters « on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:38 AM » Author: Madness
Is it possible to still find these? I have a bunch of 4-pin PL (PL-L, I believe) 18w lamps that I got off eBay. They were bought as replacements for several two-lamp ceiling fixtures that take these, but the auction was for more than I needed. These use the G24-q2 fitting. Rather than collecting dust, I'd stick 'em in table lamps & such if I had the adapters.
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL Lamp Adapters « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:28:03 AM » Author: sparkie
If you mean adaptors that fit into regular lamp (BC/ES) sockets then you're probably not going to find many as they are not widely produced anymore due to the fact that integrated CFL's are so cheap to buy.

However, you can get table/desk/bedside lamp fixtures that have built-in ballasts and sockets for PL lamps.

You say these are PL-L lamps but I think you may mean PL-C (PL-L's would be too large for a table lamp). Have a look at these pictures to identify which type you have:

PL-L
PL-C
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: PL Lamp Adapters « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:52 AM » Author: FGS
It's the quad lamps. (PL-C) Dunno if they make adapters for the quad with four pins. I have one for two pins in which the lamp has a built-in starter.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Madness
Re: PL Lamp Adapters « Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:53:38 PM » Author: Madness
Yes, you're right, they are PL-C (my bad!). But yeah, I was hoping I might find some E26 adapters. Oh well. Those currently in use are installed in four Maxlite flush-mount 2x18w fixtures (the ballasts are mounted on the backsides) I bought @ the Goodwill for $5/each (all matching). A couple were missing bulbs & in the others two, the bulbs were dead or dying. So grabbed a lot of "Greenlite" 3500K's which look quite nice.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:01:56 PM by Madness » Logged
arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL Lamp Adapters « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:19 AM » Author: arcblue
Keep combing the Internet; you might find some. 18w adapters might be a challenge; 13w are still pretty easy to find.

I'm lampin...

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: PL Lamp Adapters « Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:36:41 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
I found a 18W adapter at ACE hardware. It was 25.00!

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies