Author Topic: I got new wire strippers!  (Read 1647 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
I got new wire strippers! « on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:58 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Since Christmas, I got two new wire strippers for Christmas. Irwin is the brand name, called the Visegrip, and it WORKS! The professional one is really cool and it strips wire insulation pretty good. So far I've been using it, and it works really good, its great for electrical and lighting projects.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:10:23 PM » Author: Ash
Awesome

I strip wires with just wire cutters and feeling of the right pressure to apply, to the precise length i want and without nicking them, so i have not needed a special tool. I do look forward to getting a stripper though, as i start doing more advanced jobs and it would make me appear more professional when others look at how i work and not only at the end result
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:28:35 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I use my mouth, knife, or scissors when I don't have any

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:26:04 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Usually I use a pair of plyers, making sure to apply the right amount of pressure as to not actually cut the cabling, Other times I use a lighter, simply heating up the end that i want to strip and pulling off the heated slightly softened bit of wiring, other times when I do not have those two tools immediately on hand I will use a pair of scissors or yes my teeth... Rarely do I use a knife for such a task..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:59 AM » Author: tolivac
Using your mouth or teeth as wire strippers,only to be used in an emergency!!!HARD on these parts!!!!
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 01:48:16 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I have a decent set of wire strippers, I find them very handy like today I was rewiring the driving lights on the front of my car as well as installing a new switch. The stripping was a breeze with sharp blades and I also have a special crimping tool for the quick connect terminals in red, blue and yellow sizes. It always makes a good, sound connection when the cable is matched with the terminal size.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 09:44:04 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Wire stripping from your teeth, that would be kind of dangerous, unless you do it correctly, for me, I use the new ones I got.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 11:29:53 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well it works when you have nothing
Some wires are easy and others aren't

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: I got new wire strippers! « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 07:57:38 PM » Author: Burrito
I have one too! i got it this august! it is by klean tools

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies