Author Topic: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air?  (Read 2086 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « on: January 03, 2018, 08:27:04 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I tried to watch every episode but I failed

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:36:50 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We loved watching them, one of the best bits were the very corny segues by Tony Hirst, most groan worthy.  ::)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:25 AM » Author: Rommie

We loved watching them, one of the best bits were the very corny segues by Tony Hirst, most groan worthy.  ::)

Absolutely, we firmly believe he was responsible for inciting everyone else with a microphone to do the same  ::)

We did love the programmes though, did they ever do one about making SOX lamps, I wonder..?  :a_sox:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:59:26 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
No, I don't believe so, However they did do one on mercury lamps I believe...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 08:23:06 PM » Author: Rommie
No, I don't believe so, However they did do one on mercury lamps I believe...
Now that I'd like to see, does anyone know if it's on Youtube or somewhere..? The search facility on that is abysmal and always returns hundreds of results that are [censored] all to do with what I asked for  >:(

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 12:59:08 PM » Author: Beta 5
Now that I'd like to see...

I would as well.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:24:00 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I would as well.

I don't know where to find it... I say that episode a long long time ago, I believe they refereed to them as HID bulbs, and did not specify what kind they were but recalling from memory they appeared to have the structure of a Mercury lamp... I believe they even coated them...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 11:46:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Never even knew about it til one time seeing a link to a YouTube vid for one ep.

Was it something that was actually on broadcast TV, or was it cable-only (if the latter that would explain my not knowing about it...)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 01:31:35 PM » Author: Rommie
Never even knew about it til one time seeing a link to a YouTube vid for one ep.

Was it something that was actually on broadcast TV, or was it cable-only (if the latter that would explain my not knowing about it...)

How It's Made would have been broadcast on terrestrial TV, it certainly was here.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 01:56:57 AM » Author: joseph_125
I used to watch it around 10 years ago. It was on Discovery here which was a cable only channel. They did quite a few lighting related ones, including off the top of my head: fluorescent lamps, SBMV reflector lamps (referred to a HID bulbs on the show), and incandescent lamps.

A lot of those are on Youtube, there's a bunch of links to lighting related ones here.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who watched "How It's Made" when it was on air? « Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:29:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They called the mercury lamp episode "high intensity light bulbs" and they showed how self-ballasted mercury lamps are made. rather cool! they still show old episodes on the science channel here.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies