Author Topic: Any motorcycle owners?  (Read 332 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Any motorcycle owners? « on: February 17, 2024, 02:19:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm interested to know if there are any motorcycle owners on Lighting Gallery. If you own a motorcycle, this thread is for you. Tell me what motorcycle you own.
Mine is a custom 2007 Triumph Daytona 675, which I have owned since 2019. Very interesting motorcycle indeed, with a lot of torque and horsepower.
Unfortunately I haven't been taking care of it as well as I need to... there are several things that need to be replaced on it...
including the chain, sprocket, entire back brake, brake fluid, head lights (making plans on replacing both with LED) stator and rectifier. (I have a new stator and new rectifier
sitting in my living room, waiting to be installed.) The exhaust note and the loud whistling from it gets addicting at times.
I haven't been riding it though, since it's currently not legal, with an expired tag, and expired insurance. I plan to change that once it's Spring, and I plan on getting it fixed as well.

It's very rare for me to bring up this motorcycle on Lighting Gallery, or motorcycles in general... so I thought I'd make this thread to see if there may be other lighting enthusiasts who are motorcycle owners.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:22:27 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 02:40:27 PM » Author: Laurens
I have a Yamaha FZR600 and a Suzuki SV650s. Lovely machines. The SV is in fairly good shape though i need to cut off the rear brake pad retaining pins and drill them out and such, they've seized in place badly.
The FZR should have been in the scrapyard years ago but it's just so nice to ride so i keep patching it up again and again...
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 02:53:02 PM » Author: suzukir122
Nice. I've seen a video of the FZR600 just now. That's a nice bike. I bet you could get that bike back in good shape easily. The SV650 is a nice bike as well.
I have a friend that use to own one.
I miss owning two motorcycles. The other motorcycle that I use to own was a 2004 Daytona 600... this was also my very first motorcycle. Too much power for
a beginner, but I somehow managed. Simple CC number change between the 600 and 675, but they are absolutely COMPLETELY different from each other in every way.
I learned that the hard way... the Daytona 675 is much, much faster.
In an effort to move to the apartment complex I currently live in, I sold my Daytona 600, back in the beginning months of 2020.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 03:16:55 AM » Author: icefoglights
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I have my 2005 V Star Silverado.  I don't get to ride it nearly as often as I'd like to.  I pretty well missed last year's riding season being down south.  I drove, but the bike + trailer is a bit much for it for my Cruze for such a long trip.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 05:21:01 AM » Author: suzukir122
@icefoglights, yep! I remember you  8)... I'm in the same boat in terms of not being able to motorcycle ride as much as I want, but mainly due to the
long list of things that need fixing on my bike, as well as it not being legal to ride.
At least you have a trailer! That opens the door to plenty of other spots to motorcycle ride. I've always wanted to purchase a trailer but have never
gotten around to it. Either that, or a truck.

Interests:

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 09:19:49 AM » Author: Laurens
Riding season is all year here. We maybe have 4 weeks per year that the roads are icy, spread out over the entirety of winter. The summers have been aggressively hot since global warming took a flight, but i can squeeze in about 2 hours of riding in 30 to 40 degree C weather as long as i wear mesh jacket and pants, and most importantly - avoid cities and keep moving at all cost.
Can't always ride in leather though - because it may be too hot or too cold for that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:23:45 AM by Laurens » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 07:23:17 PM » Author: Rommie
Well as you know, I used to ride, may last bike was a Honda CBF600S but I had to sell it as my work was cut from 5 days a week to 3 and I couldn't afford 2 vehicles. I needed the car for work and other reasons, so the bike sadly had to go  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any motorcycle owners? « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 09:41:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yep... I remember when you told me about your Honda CBF600s. That's another interesting bike. Probably very quick as well!
Those moments when you have to let go of a motorcycle absolutely suck. Even though I owned my Daytona 675 at the same time as my Daytona 600, it still was not easy letting go of my Daytona 600. I needed to let it go in an effort to move to a better apartment, and it worked out in the end.
I have a few photos of my Daytona 675 stashed somewhere but I can't find them. Worse case scenario, I'll just have to take new pics of it from my garage, if you guys want to see it, that is. lol

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies