Author Topic: 7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview  (Read 8978 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview « on: January 04, 2018, 11:26:43 PM » Author: 589
Shameless plug for a light bulb I put together as proof of concept for narrowband yellow LEDs. This should be the successor to sox.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4rGmpFmMtNk

:lps:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: 7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:48 AM » Author: dor123
Most likely used as a bug light or as a night light which won't attracts insects and won't blast your rods. My generic Hyundai nightlight in my room at my hostel, and in my room at my mother home, have a more orange 5mm LED, and my Osram Lunetta LED night light in my room at my father home, have also an amber LED, but 5mm and not SMD like in your lamp.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 06:51:30 PM » Author: Lodge
You can get high wattage LED's in the 580 to 590 nm bands, and they are not phosphor coated leds they are monochromatic yellow, what would be neat is using a small ARM processor for timing and incorporate a few WS2812 LED's on the PCB so you can do the full start up with some blue down the length of the tube and a few white flashes by where the cathodes sit, and move from blue to reds based on the hours on the fixture and then power the yellows up to full power over a couple of minutes, so they look almost identical to the SOX lamp, someday's I wish I was better at coding, you could even incorporate timing things like power up at full brightness after a restart of less then five minutes so they behave exactly the same as a LPS lamp.. 

And because of the size of a SOX tube it would be easy to build a PCB and allow for heat sinking without to much effort and also allow of better optical control as you won't have wasted light shining up in the fixture ...

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:23:03 PM » Author: 589
I could do that if I had them hooked up to dmx. I'd then use jands vista to do the programming... But I don't personally have a license dongle for that they are very expensive.

:lps:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: 7w custom 585-595nm LED bulb overview « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 03:48:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Shameless plug for a light bulb I put together as proof of concept for narrowband yellow LEDs. This should be the successor to sox.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4rGmpFmMtNk

Wash your mouth out with soap.!!  :o (or whatever the equivalent for typing is...  :D )

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies