Author Topic: PC, Laptop, or phone  (Read 6068 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
PC, Laptop, or phone « on: January 07, 2018, 05:57:05 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
what do you use for LG

I use laptop Macbook Air and Iphone 6s
I value that aux jack on the Iphone

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:09:55 PM » Author: CEB1993
It varies a lot for me. When I take pictures, I just use my iPhone 7 camera. Excellent picture quality and my photos are easy to crop and edit as needed.

I rarely upload my pictures to LG directly from my phone. I email them to my laptop, since it’s easier to type and use autofill on the website on my MacBook.  I add my pictures to iPhoto on the laptop, so I can erase them from my phone and keep its storage limited.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 10:38:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I use an HP 15-1059wm Laptop and an Alcatel Idol 3 (the 5.5" one not the 4.3"). I use the phone for taking pictures and occasionally posting to topics (But i hate doing that because i hate "typing" on phones) usually I take enough photos then I take the SD card from my phone and plug it into my PC, and thats where I usually upload my photos from and post to topics (as I am now).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:48:47 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:39:14 AM » Author: dor123
I only uses my desktop, my mother desktop and my father desktop to browse LG and upload pictures, and uses my old Canon SX150 IS compact camera to capture pictures.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:06:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I use a Sony VAIO laptop, and upload any pictures from my camera's, a Fujifilm FinePix S4000, SD card through the laptop's built in card reader slot. I receive email notifications on my Samsung S3 mini, but leave off replying till I'm online again.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:06 PM » Author: Rommie

I use a Sony VAIO laptop, and upload any pictures from my camera's, a Fujifilm FinePix S4000, SD card through the its built in card reader slot.I receive email notifications on my Samsung S3 mini, but leave off replying till I'm online again.

Ditto, although I use a Dell E6420 laptop with a docking station. I used to run a separate desktop machine, but when I moved house it didn't seem worth bringing it, it was on its last legs anyway, so I pulled the hard drive and copied everything onto my network drives.

I usually use Dropbox to upload photos, I mostly take them on my Samsung S4 mini, then upload them from there to Dropbox, then from there to LG.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 05:09:39 AM » Author: Ash
For LG and generally bedtime internet - desktop PC with Pentium E2160

What i have and use in general - Couple notebooks and few desktops, most of them from the Pentium 4 ... Core2Duo range
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 08:40:06 AM » Author: AngryHorse
MSI Notebook does all I need it to do. 8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:59:25 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Most of the time I use a desktop PC.
But now & then I'll use a laptop.
Never tried it on my tablet.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 12:29:06 PM » Author: Rommie

Most of the time I use a desktop PC.
But now & then I'll use a laptop.
Never tried it on my tablet.
I don't remember the last time I switched my tablet on, to be honest. I did have a desktop PC but when it died I just switched to using the laptop. I had the docking station for it as it is the same model laptop (Dell E6420) I had for work, I managed to keep hold of it (the docking station, not the laptop) when I left. I have an additional monitor on an adjustable arm bolted to my desk, I may well get a dual monitor arm at some time in the future.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't remember the last time I switched my tablet on, to be honest. I did have a desktop PC but when it died I just switched to using the laptop. I had the docking station for it as it is the same model laptop (Dell E6420) I had for work, I managed to keep hold of it (the docking station, not the laptop) when I left. I have an additional monitor on an adjustable arm bolted to my desk, I may well get a dual monitor arm at some time in the future.

Same here, I find 'typing' on the touch screens very difficult, so I do all of my posting using my laptop.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 02:45:25 PM » Author: Cole D.
I mainly use my desktop for reading and posting here. However I use my Samsung Galaxy to take photos and upload to the galleries. I don't like having to type the descriptions from my phone, but when I try to connect it to my computer, my PC goes crazy and keeps connecting and disconnecting, so it's faster to go straight from my phone. I might try the suggestion of emailing them to my account though.

For some reason I can't view the galleries on my phone either. It just shows the most recent uploads, but when I go to the galleries it just shows blank pages.

I haven't used my laptop for LG as I rarely turn it on.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 02:49:18 PM » Author: Rommie

I mainly use my desktop for reading and posting here. However I use my Samsung Galaxy to take photos and upload to the galleries. I don't like having to type the descriptions from my phone, but when I try to connect it to my computer, my PC goes crazy and keeps connecting and disconnecting, so it's faster to go straight from my phone. I might try the suggestion of emailing them to my account though.

For some reason I can't view the galleries on my phone either. It just shows the most recent uploads, but when I go to the galleries it just shows blank pages.

I haven't used my laptop for LG as I rarely turn it on.

As I said, I use Dropbox. The phone (Samsung S4 mini) has an app that uploads photos to a folder there, which is synchronised with the computer. I then log on to LG and use that folder to upload the photos.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 08:32:31 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I have a new desktop purchased last year (yeah with Windows 10. :-[ ) which I use for general computer work including browsing websites etc in the study room. It has a 512GB SSD for the boot drive and 16GB RAM.

I also have a HP laptop which I use for around the house or on holidays. I do have a Samsung Galaxy tablet however I try and reduce my usage on that since typing is frustrating and I'm getting pains in my hands holding it up.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: PC, Laptop, or phone « Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 08:35:58 PM » Author: Rommie
I have a new desktop purchased last year (yeah with Windows 10. :-[ ) which I use for general computer work including browsing websites etc in the study room. It has a 512GB SSD for the boot drive and 16GB RAM.
Get rid of it and put something usable on..! Just about any version of Linux has got to be better than Windoze 10  ::)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies