Author Topic: Lighting items at Kmart  (Read 1015 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Lighting items at Kmart « on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:25 PM » Author: Cole D.
So I went to Kmart tonight to see what they have left, most of the store had been picked over pretty well. There were Christmas decorations left but I didn't notice any lights or trees left.

I did see one GE Slimline fluorescent undercabinet light left that I thought about getting but it was still $10, so I decided not to.

However in one area they had a bunch of maintenance and cleaning supplies and stuff from the office for sale. I saw a bunch of metal halide bulbs that I guess were spares for the garden center lights, or maybe they were mercury vapor, I didn't look really closely. I also saw a Sylvania LED emergency light for $10 but it said needs new battery. There were some spare red Lithonia exit signs for $5, and I thought about getting one but I wasn't sure all the parts were there. Because the bases were wrapped separately in bubble wrap. It looks like the sign snaps into the base somehow, but I couldn't figure out if I would be able to wire it up to a plug or not. I get one anyway.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Lighting items at Kmart « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:14 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm actually plotting to raid my Kmart perhaps today... I already bought out all their road flares ... only cost me three bucks for 2 packs of three (month ago).. I might attack whats left of their lighting section next.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Lighting items at Kmart « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:56:36 PM » Author: Cole D.
There really isn't much left of the lighting section here. Just that one GE Slimline and some light switches and extension cords.

I went back today and got the exit sign. Looks to be from 9/14, but clearly they never installed it in the store. The wires were inside, I had a common and 277V red wire. The black 120V wire was tucked in the top. Plugged it in and it does work. I also got an extra base, a mounting bracket and the manual for it all for $5.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Lighting items at Kmart « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Raided Kmart today, did not get much other than a pack of two sylvania 40W ceiling fan bulbs for my exit sign there was still quite a few bulbs there but I felt no need to buy them. mostly was inandescent with a few LED's and FLuros mixed in. bought a couple of those weird tablet shaped LED hanging lights for like 50C each... these things I will use for emergency or something. they're very bright with 24 LED's in the front and a 3 LED flashlight on the side. also bought a retractable AUX cable and a screwdriver.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies