Author Topic: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most?  (Read 5240 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « on: January 15, 2018, 08:54:07 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I personally use the top left and both bottom burners and if not any of those I use my 3000W stove (protected by a 125V 50 AMP breaker)

My gf on the other hand uses the top left (the smallest burner on our stove) and the "warm zone". If it's not any of those she uses her portable 2000W 2 burner stove
The main stove is a halogen cooktop, while the portable burners are the old school heat element coil, we love the coil rather than halogen because there's no glass

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:30:56 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
My house has a gas stove, and it plugs in with 120v, for the ignition.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:19 AM » Author: Rommie
We're going for an induction hob when we replace our cooker later in the year.

Personally, I've always preferred gas for cooking, but as we have no gas supply in the kitchen here, and it wouldn't be worth the cost and upheaval to get it installed, we're going for induction.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 01:03:21 PM » Author: dor123
My hostel, my mother and my father, all have gas stoves with separate ignition for each burner.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:46:34 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're going for an induction hob when we replace our cooker later in the year.
Yes, the stove is about 11 years old now, and the big front left element is just about EoL, so it's time to replace the whole thing.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 12:04:26 PM » Author: FGS
Yes, the stove is about 11 years old now, and the big front left element is just about EoL, so it's time to replace the whole thing.

The burners for the most common stoves around here are replaceable. Just pull them out and swap them. Unless you guys have a glasstop stove then it's time for the screwdriver to get busy.

We have a glasstop stove with a halogen circline in one of the burners. All 4 of them has squiggly heating elements. We use all of them depending on pot size. One of them has two burners. One small and a larger donut surrounding it. In the holidays they ALL gets used at the same time including the oven so that's a LOT of electricity used!

We have a tap for gas behind it if we decided to go for gas stove we can do so easily.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 12:19:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The burners for the most common stoves around here are replaceable. Just pull them out and swap them. Unless you guys have a glasstop stove then it's time for the screwdriver to get busy.

We have a glasstop stove with a halogen circline in one of the burners. All 4 of them has squiggly heating elements. We use all of them depending on pot size. One of them has two burners. One small and a larger donut surrounding it. In the holidays they ALL gets used at the same time including the oven so that's a LOT of electricity used!

We have a tap for gas behind it if we decided to go for gas stove we can do so easily.

Well this stove has the elements as a built in part of the top and can't be changed or I would have done it by now.
There is no longer a gas supply to the kitchen, so that option is a non starter. I suppose we could get a new supply connected but it would be a major cost and lots of upheaval involved.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:20:42 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:21:12 PM » Author: Rommie
Besides, we like the idea of an induction hob. Although we'll have to replace a few of the pans.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:13:10 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
We have one of those electric ones with the curly heat element. I believe the stove itself is from 60's or 70's ...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:09:55 AM » Author: Lodge
Besides, we like the idea of an induction hob. Although we'll have to replace a few of the pans.

Induction stoves are very nice, and they heat the room less then gas, but they otherwise respond just like gas, very quick.. I have two of those little counter top induction units they are awesome and if it's only a few pans it's not to bad, just toss/donate the aluminum pans and if you have copper pans you can get an induction interface plate so you can keep on using them it's basically a steel disk (converter) that heats up the pan.

And back on topic, I use the large front power burner (21,000 btu) on the gas stove for cooking the most, but for hours run the small back burner (5000 btu) can be on all day (18 hours) keeping the kettle hot or making clarified butter (ghee) for cooking and I do this on the lowest setting, yep making clarified butter takes 16 hours to get it a nice golden color with a nutty flavor, and so people that are lactose intolerant can eat it...   
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 04:34:54 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I use a gas burner at home and love it. When we moved into this house I had a gas fitter to fit a gas stove since the house has gas installation however it was originally only for the living room heater so I had a gas fitter install a stove. My gas supply isn't fed from the street, instead there is a large LPG gas bottle outside the house that gets changed over every year or two by a local company. Also, the hot water system is a combined electric/solar system.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:14 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, gas supply can be one of the two form: Two gas tanks near the house, which you close the empty gas tank and opens the full one, and the gas company replaces the empty one, and a central gas infrastructure for the entire apartment. At the building of my mother apartment, most tenants are connected to a central gas infrastructure of Amisragas, but my mother still have two gas tanks of Pazgaz. My hostel also have two gas tanks, but I don't know how it is at my father apartment.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:59 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Similar to Australia although we typically have one tank which gets changed over when needed. Usually there is some device on the gas line near the bottle that tells you how much gas is left according to the pressure inside the bottle.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 06:09:18 AM » Author: dor123
The employment center of Galim hostel arrays, also have one tank, and several days ago, they left without gas so they couldn't prepare a lunch for the residents that works there.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which stove burner(s) do you use the most? « Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 07:06:38 AM » Author: sol
I have a propane bottle outdoors for the kitchen stove. It is fitted with a manometer, so I know when the supply gets low and call the supplier. They typically come with a huge tanker truck and a long hose and refill it on the spot. There is a filling valve fitted at the connection point. A full tank lasts about two years, maybe a little less.

The two front burners get the most use, and the rear medium one gets use every morning for the boiled eggs (it is further away from the edge, a small protection in case small fingers start exploring when parent's backs are turned the other way). The medium burners are perfect to boil the water in the Pyrex percolator to make, strangely enough, tea (without the percolator mechanism installed, of course). They all use electric ignition, I think all are wired in a single circuit so they all fire every time. During power failures, you need a match to light them.

Sometimes, during a complicated meal preparation, all four burners are operating at the same time.

The only downside to a modern gas range is the fact there is a computer of some sorts to run the oven, meaning that during power outages, the oven does not work. I could use a generator to make it work, but I don't have one at the moment.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies