Author Topic: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use?  (Read 6820 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « on: January 28, 2018, 09:20:47 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
For me, I use Dyson vacuums, because they have strong suction power, when vacuuming the carpets, and bare floors. Plus they were made first in the UK, then brought to the US, as we Americans try it out, and people say, its good brand.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:08:21 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
For me, I use Dyson vacuums, because they have strong suction power, when vacuuming the carpets, and bare floors. Plus they were made first in the UK, then brought to the US, as we Americans try it out, and people say, its good brand.
Shark and Dyson
Dyson having no wire
Shark having a jerry rigged 95 foot grounded cord

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 10:14:44 AM » Author: Ash
An early 90s Siemens, like this but Red and Black :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuoaYsxhGU

Used rarely, and virtually never for actually cleaning the room. It's more for the "i opened an appliance full of dust" or "there are crumblings all over the car seats" occasions

For most cleaning, a quick broom through the general area (and even that rarely), or mopping the mud footsteps is fair enough
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:37:08 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
An early 90s Siemens, like this but Red and Black :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuoaYsxhGU

Used rarely, and virtually never for actually cleaning the room. It's more for the "i opened an appliance full of dust" or "there are crumblings all over the car seats" occasions

For most cleaning, a quick broom through the general area (and even that rarely), or mopping the mud footsteps is fair enough
Im always vacuuming because my floor gets coated with pet hair from our dog. Sweeping is pointless so we use the corded vacuum more than the cordless. may seem smarter to do with the cordless one but I like how hot that wire gets when 17 amps goes through it for 15 mins

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:19:57 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, I vacuum every Tuesday, for trash to throw out.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:31:54 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have a Dyson DC39, with the optional Tangle Free Turbine Tool because we both have long hair which wrecked our previous vacuum cleaner.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:39:40 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 12:01:11 PM » Author: Rommie

Im always vacuuming because my floor gets coated with pet hair from our dog. Sweeping is pointless so we use the corded vacuum more than the cordless. may seem smarter to do with the cordless one but I like how hot that wire gets when 17 amps goes through it for 15 mins
We're only in a small 1-bedroom flat, so there's no point in a cordless machine, the cable on our Dyson DC39 reaches everywhere in the place. I don't particularly like cordless appliances that are never going to be used away from home, as it's just another battery to be charged and worry about the cost of replacing when it dies, as I bet most of them aren't user-replaceable.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 12:07:49 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
we have one of a red vacuume... it has a red kinda triangle logo on it, I forget what brand that is... its been working fine for years.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 01:55:09 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
We're only in a small 1-bedroom flat, so there's no point in a cordless machine, the cable on our Dyson DC39 reaches everywhere in the place. I don't particularly like cordless appliances that are never going to be used away from home, as it's just another battery to be charged and worry about the cost of replacing when it dies, as I bet most of them aren't user-replaceable.

Mine is a DC65, which is a newer version, with the purple color, and a motorized carpet brush.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 02:23:16 PM » Author: sol
I use a 1990's Electrolux canister. Technically not mine (it belongs to my grandmother) but it is on long term loan. Does the job, not that it is enjoyable but it feels good when done. My parents use a Miele canister which they quite like.

For quick cleanups, we have a Black and Decker Dust Buster. The battery is starting to wane, it is deplorable that it is not easily replaceable...

@Homebrew : You might have a Bissell.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 02:25:49 PM » Author: dor123
My mother uses iRobot Roomba (I don't remember the model number) to clean the floor of her home from the hairs of her cats. I uses a blower (Skil) rather than a vacuum cleaner to do a basic dust clean on my room, and to clean my computer case.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 02:26:30 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Mine is a DC65, which is a newer version, with the purple color, and a motorized carpet brush.
That's what killed our last vacuum cleaner, hair got tangled round the carpet brush and it seized up totally. The tangle free tool is a godsend to us.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 02:28:47 PM » Author: Rommie
For quick cleanups, we have a Black and Decker Dust Buster. The battery is starting to wane, it is deplorable that it is not easily replaceable...
Yes, I used to have one of those, I suppose I could have tried taking it apart to see if the battery was accessible, but I never did. Sammi's mum has one, still on the wall and plugged in, but last time we were over there I tried it and it was totally dead :(

I detest non-replaceable batteries, but it seems to be becoming more and more common these days...

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 02:30:20 PM » Author: sol

I detest non-replaceable batteries, but it seems to be becoming more and more common these days...

Hear, hear.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What type of vacuum cleaner do you use? « Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 02:32:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've called our Dyson James (after the inventor) and it's relatively easy to get him out to do a quick clean up, so I don't see the point of having a Dust Buster or something similar.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies