Author Topic: LPS lights, visible from space..  (Read 1095 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

LPS lights, visible from space.. « on: January 28, 2018, 11:36:22 PM » Author: Lodge
I was looking though some images from NASA and I found this one of the India, Pakistan boarder, it's lit up so well you can see it clearly from space, and it looks like it's entirely LPS, now it might be a stretch but does anyone know what fixtures they are using I couldn't find many daytime photo's other then this one showing the fixtures, there is several at night on google but they are all to bright, all you see is orange..

Or does any from India or Pakistan for that matter, have a better photo of the fixtures during the day ?  

Because there is some 720 Miles of LPS lighting in use there... I bet they are happy to hear that Philips is shutting down Hamilton, I wonder if they might start up there own production of tubes to meet there local market, which would be easier public relations wise then to change them out to Chinese made LED's whom they keep having border tensions with..  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:27:49 PM by Lodge » Logged
kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS lights, visible from space.. « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:28:15 PM » Author: kai
Of course there are quite a lot of photos available... like this one.

On some photos, like this, also other floodlights show up. Whatever they use: They're not LPS either.

Here is an example how the place looks with the HPS light at night.

And thank you for posting. I was not aware of the complete lighting of this 1000 km long strip so far.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies