Author Topic: What would you have in your dream house?  (Read 22005 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 12:31:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’ve been to a pool where there are underwater speakers (Hardrock Hotel in Orlando). I would definitely like underwater speakers in the pool. I would also like surround sound in the living room and wherever there’s a TV. My favorite stereo brands I would choose from are Harman Kardon and Bose.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:48:10 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:35 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I’ve been to a pool where there are underwater speakers (Hardrock Hotel in Orlando). I would definitely like underwater speakers in the pool. I would also like surround sound in the living room and wherever there’s a TV. My favorite stereo brands I would choose from are Harmon Kardon and Bose.
What about Pioneer ?
All my dj equipment as well as speakers are from Pioneer
I understand if they’re pricey

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 12:53:11 PM » Author: CEB1993
What about Pioneer ?
All my dj equipment as well as speakers are from Pioneer
I understand if they’re pricey

I do like Pioneer, too for use inside the house.  I have been the most impressed with Bose and Harman Kardon stereos, used in cars.  The surround sound and base note richness is unbelievable!  For my stereo, I would go with an old style Pioneer CD player (I have lots of CD's).  With the indoor stereo, and even the outdoor stereo in the pool, I would program LED accent lights around the house to flash and change colors in rhythm to the music  8)  That reminds me, at every concert I've been to, there has been some kind of mind-blowing light show in harmony with the music.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 11:17:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
I’ve been to a pool where there are underwater speakers
Underwater speakers? :o
Ooohh I'd want some of those if I had a pool!

Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
What about Pioneer
The receiver for my bedroom system is a Pioneer. :)
I have used(still do) and would go with Yamaha and/or Pioneer! 
CEB1993 mentioned Harman Kardon I'd certainly be ok with that too (not a fan of Bose though)
And I'd avoid JVC, because the stuff I've had has been crappy.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #49 on: May 02, 2018, 07:25:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I do like Pioneer, too for use inside the house.  I have been the most impressed with Bose and Harman Kardon stereos, used in cars.  The surround sound and base note richness is unbelievable!  For my stereo, I would go with an old style Pioneer CD player (I have lots of CD's).  With the indoor stereo, and even the outdoor stereo in the pool, I would program LED accent lights around the house to flash and change colors in rhythm to the music  8)  That reminds me, at every concert I've been to, there has been some kind of mind-blowing light show in harmony with the music.
I used to have all Pioneer AV kit, and when the VCR needed repairing I found out that it was a re-branded Philips machine.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 06:59:41 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Oh and one more thing

A floor that is illuminated with 35W HPS lamps
I mean one of those underground fixtures that look like up side down recessed lights

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 09:50:12 PM » Author: CEB1993
In the basement of my dream house, I would have emergency drains in the floor and a separate air conditioning unit and dehumidifier to make it more comfortable.  After our flood issue in the basement last week, I'm going to ensure I never have something nasty like that happen in my dream house  ;)  I've heard some really fancy cars (like the Mercedes S class) have cologne or air freshener in the air conditioning that keeps the inside of the car smelling nice with the air on.  I would like to have that feature in the basement air conditioning.  My dream basement would be my retreat from the hot and humid weather during the summer  :)

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #52 on: January 10, 2020, 10:54:11 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
In our dream house, we would have enough space for a fully equipped workshop, for metal fabrication, woodwork and electrical work.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #53 on: January 11, 2020, 11:10:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Call me crazy but I've always kind of wanted to buy a small school or church building and make that my house, Id leave the lighting intact if its original and where possible the features would remain intact like blackboards, floor, intercoms but I would make it nicer so new paint, some nice trim, maybe some upgrades to windows, stuff like that. Some rooms would be modified like a home cinema/ entertainment, obviously my shop, a second shop but for electronics. My Gf would want a room for her reptiles and also a room for doing art related stuff. Bathrooms, I would leave 1 male and 1 female bathroom as is in the location that visitors are likely to be, whilst the others would be converted to more home like with single toilet, bath and such. If its a church, the main hall area would see the pews (benches) removed but saved or sold off. Outside I would reclad the building, keep the wallpacks up and maintained, the parking lot would remain also because theres lots you can do with a flat area like that.

Administrator #5

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #54 on: January 12, 2020, 12:01:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm with you @Lightingguy1994, because I too would want to do something like that. Especially the kid version of me.
Magnetic Rapid Start Louvered fixtures in most, if not all classrooms. Vaulted ceilings like the ones we use to have
in class, with those hanging Louvered fixtures. Ceiling fans just like the ones in class as well.
Not sure what my girl would be doing though. (If I were taken)
School as home... not possible. But if I were rich enough to do it, I'd do it.
I'd also own a Ford F650 pick up truck at that point.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #55 on: January 12, 2020, 05:02:28 PM » Author: Cole D.
In the bathroom, I would have these on each side of the mirror. For the exhaust fan I would have this.

For the kitchen, I have recessed lights, some pendants, plus fluorescent under cabinet lighting.

Outside on back porch, have recessed lighting and a ceiling fan.

In front yard, I'd have lights on each side of garage doors, a decorative post light or a AEL Contempo post top. Plus a pole near driveway with a private commercial grade fixture, like an AEL 115 maybe. In back yard another pole with another light, maybe a NEMA or GE Powr/Bracket. I'd probably change the pole lights out occasionally with different MV or HPS ones depending.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #56 on: January 13, 2020, 07:15:46 AM » Author: migette1
Someone to do the housework and cooking LOL more time for my hobbies.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #57 on: January 13, 2020, 07:51:36 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: migette1
Someone to do the housework and cooking
My dream house would have robots for that stuff...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #58 on: January 20, 2020, 01:45:21 PM » Author: CEB1993
A few other features I would like in my dream house:

A complete garage and workshop with a workbench including a vice for easier sawing, Milwaukee power tools, and a full set of electrical hardware for building fluorescent and HID fixtures. I'd also have a whole section of the workshop devoted to automotive equipment including a large jack and a ramp for easily getting under my cars.  Ratchet sets, oil pans, and T3 halogen work lights are also a necessity. I'd love to figure out to change my own oil sometime. I'd also put a floor to ceiling mirror in the garage so I can see the lights of my car to make sure they're working.

A laundry chute leading from my upstairs room directly into the washing machine, and a garbage chute leading from the kitchen to quickly transport trash out of the house. I'll enjoy being able to throw away/recycle old stuff to prevent junk from building up in my house.

Motion detector PAR38lights on each corner of the house.

I'd attach Frost King door sweeps to all of the exterior doors. They make a big difference in sealing out cold air and keeping air conditioning/heat inside. I'd also enjoy a smart thermostat that can be programmed to maintain a desired temperature only when I'm in the house for major energy savings. I could control the temperature from anywhere with my phone.

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 07:50:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'd like to have an interior room to be my relaxation room. This room would be the most quiet room in my house and not have any windows. This would be my refuge after a stressful day or when I have one of my anxiety attacks. This room would be "sensory neutral" meaning that I can control it to shut off any unnecessary light and sound. I'd have a twin sized bed and a recliner in here. I can envision the walls being light beige or khaki. I'd keep a set of soundproof Bose headphones and a white noise machine. This would be a place where I could hide away and totally chill out  :)

As far as lighting goes, I'd have Concord ceiling fan/light combo to create a soothing breeze and soft atmosphere. The fan would have a 4-light kit on a dimmer with four 30 watt Polish made Philips R20 lamps. I'd have the light kit on a dimmer.  I'd definitely use one of my 60 watt Canadian made Philips hint-of-peach bulbs in the table lamp. I wouldn't want anything too high tech in here (i.e. Philips smart bulbs) because I intend this room to be an escape to simplicity and relaxation.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies