Author Topic: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen?  (Read 5113 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « on: February 04, 2018, 10:41:06 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I seen a streetlight that has been turned away from aiming at the roadway, and now its becomes a glare bomb. Whats your explanation?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 03:47:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
In my former middle school, even though they converted basically every classroom with electronic ballasted fixtures (drop-ceiling
tiles with newer two lamp F32T8 fixtures.) I found a classroom with 3 louvered two lamp T12 fixtures that had been installed and
very close to a table near the wall and entrance of the classroom, being used as a light table... with glass drilled into the back
of all three louvered fixtures to trace on. All three looked as if they were using 34watt philip altos.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:46 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well I have a picture that has a MV flood light fixture turned to point at literally nothing and yes somebody put this like that years ago and it still stands like that today

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:50:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
On the highway, one of the mast fixtures got blown around in the hurricane and is now aimed over the sidewalk instead of the highway. It's still like that 5 months later.

One section of road I recently checked out on Google Maps, right near a GE Powr/Bracket and some ITT brackets, has flood lights pointed across the road. Some of these appear to be lighting garages and some businesses, but some are just aimed at the woods.

A house near me has for a yard light, an HPS wall pack mounted on a wooden pole. Not the weirdest thing, but kind of unusual.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:26:00 PM » Author: Lumex120
The weirdest thing I have seen is a gas station canopy light in the enterance to a Burger King. I have a crappy cell phone pic I will try to find.

Unofficial LG Discord

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:46:05 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Before our town went all HPS, then LED, we use to have this one random 90watt LPS lantern, mounted on an 8 metre column on a corner, whilst all the other street lighting around it was with 35watt LPS, just this one random 90 on its own always made me wonder "why"?, as would walk to school and back as a kid. 8)
Sadly this was back in the 80s, and this little gem on my school route is long gone now :-[
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:51:45 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 07:34:36 AM » Author: Men of God
不是灯具,而是日本的E17启辉器,不知道为什么要设计成这样。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 10:10:21 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
不是灯具,而是日本的E17启辉器,不知道为什么要设计成这样。

Is it special?

Bing translator:
很特别吗?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 10:40:06 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Here's another one but sadly no pic
There was this 10 or 20 mile strip of road that had cobraheads for the whole length and suddenly stopped, sounds normal right? Just keep reading

Every street light did this (from the start and repeated)
Streetlight 1: HPS
Streetlight 2: LED
Streetlight 3: MH
Streetlight 4: Phosphor-Coated MV
Streetlight 5: Clear MV
And repeat
The only ones that were not cobraheads where the LEDs and MH don't usually go in cobraheads but in this case yes
Driving under this was rather annoying, I loved the HIDs but that LEDs were not as bright and killed the brightness that each one was putting of and was like a darkspot
Yes, the cycle repeats until the streetlights end

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
Has anyone ever actually seen a Metal Halide cobra head street light? This is actually something I've always
wondered about... most cobra head lamps I've seen have been either clear Mercury Vapor (I don't see that very
often) coated Mercury Vapor which I've seen many times, and High Pressure Sodium. I've never seen it with Metal Halide.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 10:53:15 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I think it's running on a HPS ballast but I don't know the wattage of the lamps

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 11:06:04 AM » Author: Men of God
因为现在的启辉器接口类型几乎都是以美国的那种为主的;而日本的却用那种灯头式的启辉器;还有,日本的T8/T10 20W灯管也比美国和欧洲(59cm)还有中国的短1cm(58cm),导致我收藏中的日本制造灯具无法使用,只能买日本制造的短1cm(58cm)的灯管,这种规格的灯管和启辉器全世界就日本和台湾用,所以我感觉很奇怪。

Because the starter interface type now almost all in the United States that dominated Japan; but with the starter that lamp type; and T8/T10, 20W lamp in Japan also than the United States and Europe (59cm) and China short 1cm (58cm), lead me in the collection of lamps made in Japan can not be used, only to buy Japanese made short 1cm (58cm) of the lamp tube, the specifications and starter in the world in Japan and Taiwan, so I feel very strange.

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 05:33:09 PM » Author: Lumex120
Has anyone ever actually seen a Metal Halide cobra head street light? This is actually something I've always
wondered about... most cobra head lamps I've seen have been either clear Mercury Vapor (I don't see that very
often) coated Mercury Vapor which I've seen many times, and High Pressure Sodium. I've never seen it with Metal Halide.
Yes, they exist but they are rare to see in use on roads. Most of the time they are in parking lots. You can still order them from AEL and Cooper Lighting.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 12:33:09 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I'm so use to seeing metal halides in gas stations, parking lots, gyms, and even grocery stores. (especially
back when I was a kid) But metal halide cobra heads... nope. I wonder why that is?

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Whats your weirdest light fixture sighting that you ever seen? « Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 05:46:46 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yeah I'm so use to seeing metal halides in gas stations, parking lots, gyms, and even grocery stores. (especially
back when I was a kid) But metal halide cobra heads... nope. I wonder why that is?
perhaps because of short life compared to HPS and MV?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies