Author Topic: Are driverless cars the new thing?  (Read 14409 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Are driverless cars the new thing? « on: February 18, 2018, 12:53:50 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Lets be honest, driverless cars are some what cool, but can be a bit dangerous. I know big a tech company like Google, are making them. But is it worth being in driverless car? Can this new technology can make our lives easier? Plus for me, and about driverless cars is too dangerous. Plus I don't like to be in of one of those driverless cars. Whats your opinion about driverless cars?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:57:32 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 02:08:20 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'd prefer to control my car thank you very much. I'm not getting my license soon just to have some stupid robot take its worth away. plus whats the fun in having a robot do all the work? To hell with them!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:10:03 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 05:25:18 AM » Author: dor123
All of the craze of autonomous vehicles is a complete BS like the LED lighting. autonomous vehicles would increase the traffic accidents on the roads, as the computer can't be smarter than the human brain, and hackers can hack the vehicle computer for causing traffic accidents an cyber terrorism.
This accident wasn't fruitless.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 08:05:06 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah I agree. New technology today is hackable for hackers to get in.  Lets face it, a human is better at driving than a computer or robot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:08:16 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:03 AM » Author: funkybulb
I would say technology is bit in tweaking stage like the early leds.  Once every thing gets iron out
Imagine a blind man owning a car in future
 Car needs a sonar sensor or some type of
Radar dectector so since the camera cant
Pick out every thing. But using other sensing
Tools should be combined as well. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 06:25:59 PM » Author: Rommie
I wouldn't want to be in the same street as one, never mind in one, thanks all the same... :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 06:27:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The very idea of having a driverless car scares me rigid, yes by all means have computerised aids to driving to warn you when you start to stray out of your lane or warn you if you're getting too close to the vehicle in front. All that is fine, including the self parking feature, in fact I'm all for that as I can't park to save my life.!!  :D

But a car without an actual driver is a big no no for me.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 06:29:18 PM » Author: Rommie

The very idea of having a driverless car scares me rigid, yes by all means have computerised aids to driving to warn you when you start to stray out of your lane or warn you if you're getting too close to the vehicle in front. All that is fine, including the self parking feature, in fact I'm all for that as I can't park to save my life.!!  :D

But a car without an actual driver is a big no no for me.

You need something to keep you away from kerbs  ;D :P

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 06:31:24 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
You need something to keep you away from kerbs  ;D :P
That's why the lane warning gizmo would be a good idea... ::)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 06:33:29 PM » Author: Rommie

That's why the lane warning gizmo would be a good idea...
::)
True, then maybe we'd be able to go somewhere without you taking out both nearside tyres :-\ :P ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:35:19 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
True, then maybe we'd be able to go somewhere without you taking out both nearside tyres :-\ :P ;D
I don't like doing things by half do I...

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:25 PM » Author: 589
Driverless cars could be another avenue of planned obsolescence (IE constant cash flow for companies), just like many other electronic devices are (see Apple). It will all work fine and dandy until someone hacks the system and causes chaos. This will reinforce the first idea "you better upgrade to stay safe to get the latest security and safety features". Ideally they'll make it so expensive that most people won't be able to actually buy a car and they will just have to lease or rent one all the time. That way they've always got a good revenue stream coming in from lease payments and you get nothing physical in return.

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 08:02:55 PM » Author: Rommie
Driverless cars could be another avenue of planned obsolescence (IE constant cash flow for companies), just like many other electronic devices are (see Apple). It will all work fine and dandy until someone hacks the system and causes chaos. This will reinforce the first idea "you better upgrade to stay safe to get the latest security and safety features". Ideally they'll make it so expensive that most people won't be able to actually buy a car and they will just have to lease or rent one all the time. That way they've always got a good revenue stream coming in from lease payments and you get nothing physical in return.
Isn't that just the truth, you've hit the nail on the head as far as we're concerned. We can't afford to run a car any more, fortunately we are in the city centre so don't need one most of the time, we walk most places and the bus service is excellent. If we do need one, we are members of a car club who have several vehicles around the city, some are electric and they are beginning to introduce hydrogen powered cars as well, although the problem with those at the moment is the lack of available filling stations, but that will change.

Driverless cars, though..? No thanks.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 08:48:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For a driverless car to be 'safe' it would need to be aware of every single problem that it might come across. and that would require billions of lines of programming code. Somehow I can't see the day when that will happen. So for me it's a big no.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Are driverless cars the new thing? « Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 08:55:54 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
For a driverless car to be 'safe' it would need to be aware of every single problem that it might come across. and that would require billions of lines of programming code. Somehow I can't see the day when that will happen. So for me it's a big no.

Humans aren't aware of every single thing they may come across either though.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies