Author Topic: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales?  (Read 1925 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:02 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Have you went to a flea market or a local garage sale? Plus what type of lighting did you find there? Plus i'm looking forward to see a garage sale in my neighborhood soon.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:34:03 PM » Author: funkybulb
There a few places where i get my lighting stuff
 Garage saale,   I find few interesting lighting here
And there.  Best thing to look for is a very  junky
Garage sale  and estate sale ,  lot time i  just  drive
By about 1/2 yardcsale  just not worth stopping 
Estate sale it a llittle better cause u can do bit of digging
In odd places.  I find a junky outdoor flea market like
Bussy Flea market on I35 is good one to stop to.
Akso any back counrty flea market style shop  works too

I genneraly do better on Bulky item city collection pick up
As people put them out on the curb for city collection
And price is free

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:27:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
I do go to garage sales once in a while, but as the other poster mentioned, usually prefer estate sales because there's usually older stuff and usually at least some lighting and other "junk" in the garages or sheds. The traffic at estate sales can be awful, usually I park down the street or around the corner if there are too many cars. I went to a huge sale in a retirement community a few weekends ago, usually this is a pretty good sale but this year was not as good and again the parking was packed. I saw one vintage globe light for $1 that I thought about getting but decided to pass.

Flea markets- we have one here on Saturdays that I go to once in a while. Don't usually find lighting there but have found other things. This is the best time of year for flea markets and estate sales because the snowbirds are here, which means more people selling stuff. Usually check the papers on Friday evening to see if there are any sales that sound good and decide if I want to go to any yard or estate sales.

Also go to thrift stores such as Habitat Restore once in a while. Sometimes can find some nice things, oftentimes nothing of interest.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 06:33:15 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I'll try this weekend to go a flea market, if I can. There is one near by, which is the place called "Rosehill Trade Days". They seem to have a lot of antiques, and maybe some lighting, if i'm lucky.  :)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 10:07:46 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Found a paper at the gas station..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:10:45 AM » Author: Lumex120
Found a paper at the gas station..
Definitely go to that if you can. I often go to these and find good stuff, not always lighting related though. There is a big "hamfest" here every year, basically a large flea market for old amateur radio equipment, electronics parts, and somethings lighting. And the icing on the cake is that it is in a really cool ice arena building lit with lots of clear 400w mercs (there are some metal halides too)

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 10:16:23 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Definitely go to that if you can. I often go to these and find good stuff, not always lighting related though. There is a big "hamfest" here every year, basically a large flea market for old amateur radio equipment, electronics parts, and somethings lighting. And the icing on the cake is that it is in a really cool ice arena building lit with lots of clear 400w mercs (there are some metal halides too)

I could of sworn you posted a pic of that a while back... not sure though..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 12:13:52 PM » Author: Lumex120
I could of sworn you posted a pic of that a while back... not sure though..
Is this it?

Unofficial LG Discord

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 08:17:43 PM » Author: Cole D.
I was going to go to a few yard sales today but went to thrift stores and flea market instead. I found a banker's lamp at the thrift store and a green clear Christmas tree bottle like thing that I think will make a neat lamp if I can figure out how.

The flea market had nothing interesting lighting related. I found an old Leviton pull chain lampholder but the pull chain was gone.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone been to flea markets and garage sales? « Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 10:32:17 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Is this it?
I think so... Looks like it. Not sure though, My mind is not very well in shape after todays events... long day...

Nice light though! Can't tell if it is a shoebox or a flood.... Looks like it has the optics of a shoebox...

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies