Author Topic: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :(  (Read 2632 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « on: March 04, 2018, 11:50:19 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
When me and my parents were on the Grandparkway (Texas 99), a few HPS streetlighting, which was the GE M400R2 FCO version, had replaced with Cooper Lighting Navion and Verdon series LED streetlighting. NOT GOOD! :(

I'm guessing that when a HPS streetlight is out or cycling, they don't change out the lamp, they change out the whole fixture to an LED one. The Grandparkway (Texas 99) had originally had HPS fixtures, some are now being replaced with LED.   

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:11:31 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
That's ok.  There will be plenty of HPS streetlights for your viewing pleasure well into your 50s and 60s. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:35:42 AM » Author: boiler1011
They are starting to become much more popular in D/FW, too. I haven't seen any LED high masts yet, but have seen them out west. Those are my least favorite. NTTA is slowly starting to put LED's on Bush, and I imagine the same is happening on their other managed roads as well. I-27 between Amarillo and Lubbock is about 45% LED now. I see GE Evolve yard lights everywhere nowadays.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:30:10 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Are you kidding me theres like LED high masts being installed in Southeast Texas! Plus I lived in Dallas before the LED showed up. Are there still MV fixtures in Plano, and Garland Tx. I know Garland Tx seem to have the 1kW MV fixtures, like the AEL 327, GE M1000, Westinghouse OV-50, and Cooper OVL, when I was living in Dallas.

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 08:12:56 AM » Author: boiler1011
Still quite a bit of MV lighting to be had in Plano and Garland. Actually most cities have them hanging around in some form or fashion, though they're more prevalent in the "outskirting" towns like Wylie, McKinney, etc.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:19:39 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Wylie Tx had MV fixtures, I wonder if they are there still. I remember seeing a nice vintage Westinghouse OV-20 remote ballasted fixture and Westinghouse OV-25 3rd generation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:21:28 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 07:46:21 PM » Author: boiler1011
Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Wylie Tx had MV fixtures, I wonder if they are there still. I remember seeing a nice vintage Westinghouse OV-20 remote ballasted fixture and Westinghouse OV-25 3rd generation.

They are. I drive through Wylie twice a day to and from work. A lot of lights on TX78 are HPS (shocker) but they have a bunch of MV cobra and NEMA buckets. I found an abandoned Powr/Bracket that I never noticed before pretty recently as well. Has never worked since I started driving through town over 4 years ago, otherwise I would have noticed it much sooner.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Grandparkway (Texas 99) is slowly going to LED streetlighting. :( « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 06:39:07 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Just an update, the whole freeway is rapidly heading LED faster than expected. There is still some HPS fixtures, but the numbers are very small, as the freeway is heavily going LED rapidly. There were mass changeouts and they put the Cooper Verdeons, and  Greenstar Avenger Series high output versions in place.  ::) :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:40:53 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies