Author Topic: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have?  (Read 6492 times)
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #30 on: March 24, 2018, 09:08:01 AM » Author: boiler1011
Nice Acurite HD weather station, does it have lightning like mine does, @boiler1011? Although, mine doesn't have that have that HD display, just a backlit LCD display with color background.

The lightning sensor is the same one you have, however the “lightning banner” isn’t always present on the display. It will populate on the bottom of the screen anytime lightning is detected, and the number of strikes and distance will remain for 48 hours after the last detected lightning. The rain guage on the screen operates the same way. After two days witbout precipitation, it goes away and that area is populated with historical weather data wich changes every few seconds. There are separate screens for indoor weather and historical data, but I just leave it on the main screen you see pictured. I bought my dad a 5-in-1 with a display very similar to the one you have for Christmas last year. I think it’s a slightly newer model than yours, but appears to have all the same functions.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 09:53:20 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
By the way, I raised my 5 in 1 sensor about approximately 6ft below the ground now, for better accuracy.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 04:38:46 PM » Author: boiler1011
By the way, I raised my 5 in 1 sensor about approximately 6ft below the ground now, for better accuracy.

Below?
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 05:24:48 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Oh sorry, above is what I ment, not below. lol

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 03:50:21 PM » Author: CEB1993
It was a cold March here in SC with lots of gloomy and cold, rainy days.  There was not enough warmth or unstable air to produce any exciting severe thunderstorms.  I'm hoping April brings some more interesting weather with big thunderstorms (it usually does).  In the spring and summer, I can see the iconic thunderhead clouds developing by mid-afternoon, just like the icons used on the Weather Channel.  When severe thunderstorms were expected, a thunderstorm icon with two lightning bolts would be used.  I get almost as interested in strong thunderstorms in the spring as I do in snow in the winter.  Snow is so rare here in SC, that I enjoy it  :)  Whenever I would see a winter weather icon in the forecast, I would stay tuned and listen carefully.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone here a weather enthusiast? Also what weather station do you have? « Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 03:10:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Here's what my weather stations look like.

First is my indoor/outdoor thermometer which I got at Walmart and the solar radiation shield for it which I ordered online from Acurite.

Second is the sensor/anemometer unit for my 3 in 1 which looks like a tornado siren kind of and third is the screen for it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:12:38 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies