Author Topic: What type of exercising equipment do you have?  (Read 3967 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
What type of exercising equipment do you have? « on: March 12, 2018, 05:31:32 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I have a Nordictrack treadmill (which is not used), and a Epic excising bicycle. Whats yours?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:35:11 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:41:34 AM » Author: tolivac
Don't have ANY-just go outside and walk the neighborhood.Exercise gear is largely a waste of money and space.Folks buy it-but don't use it after a few times.Same when they join exercise clubs.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:32:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Tolivac, a lot of people do that but I can assure you I'm not one of them. lol... I've got a weightlifting bench
across from my bed that came with a bar-bell, and I bought weighted plates along with them. 4 25 pound weighted plates, and
2 15 pound weighted plates. I also have a curved bar-bell that accepts all 6 weighted plates, so that I can do bicep curls,
upright bar-bell rows, etc. One 40 pound dumb-bell, and 2 15 pound dumb-bells, though I plan on getting 2 60 pound dumb-bells
to do better bicep curls and tricep extensions. I do ab workouts as well, which generally don't require any exercise gear.
But yeah, I definitely use my exercise equipment. That is for sure. And I'd much rather workout at home instead of go to
the gym, filled with people.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:31:06 AM » Author: dor123
My hostel have a VO2 treadmill. I walk on it 20-25 mins at 4.5km/h during Monday and Wednsday. I also sometimes walking at my neighborhood, when I want to see the roadlighting or lanterns with specific type of lamps, turning on or cycling.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 02:15:35 AM » Author: tolivac
Very glad someone who has exercise gear uses it-at least free weights and weighrt bench should not be that expensive compared to other exercise machines.Oh yes there is an exercise room here at work-two weight machines,treadmill,ski machine and an exercise bike-tried the bike once but was BORING so went back to walking around outside.I am sure a lot of money was spent on this gear-too bad it doesn't get much use.One of the "weight" machines is a Bowflex unit-one of their TOL ones.The operator manual is not anywhere around-so have no idea how to use it.The other weight machine has barbells on a holder that you lift up and own.Again no book on how to use the machine.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 05:01:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
I usually go to the gym to work out but it can be inconvenient. I do have a dumbell set at home that I can put different weights on. I'd like to get a barbell set as well but probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the space it takes up. Otherwise I go for walks down the street as it's relaxing.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 11:11:59 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have a Bicycle, Transportation is more of a concern to me than the exercising bit, but I do get that bonus from it. I am a active person.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 02:11:30 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I have access to a nicely equipped community rec center (actually 4 of them in the community I live in) so plenty there for me to use, however at home we have a Schwinn Air Dyne. (newer model)

My dad used these things for many years (the older ones) I like the older ones like this:

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 03:02:24 AM » Author: suzukir122
 :o... oh yeah I forgot about those. I've always wondered about the
fan blade portion of them... wondering why those were there.
But yeah, there are many, many more equipment at gyms that I wish I had at home...
like a pull/chin up bar... or lat pull-down equipment, chest dip machines...
things like that. I don't have them but need them badly.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 12:27:41 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I have the exact same thing, but except it doesn't have a fan. I don't know why they put that.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 12:50:35 PM » Author: Cole D.
I think the fan is supposed to help cool you while you ride the bike. It's actually not a bad idea, might as well use the energy for something useful as you exercise!

I forgot I do have a pull up bar that goes between a door but I never used it because it could damage the door frame.

And I sometimes do dips at home, I just stand between the kitchen counter and the island and hold onto each to do them.

One day I'd like to get a weight bench and barbell set for at home. They're not expensive, but I don't have the room here in my bedroom for one.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 02:09:28 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Oh ok, I see.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 02:31:25 PM » Author: suzukir122
I have a pull up bar for a door frame as well that *says* it can't damage the door frame in
the instructions, and the advertising box that came with it. However, as soon as I tried it out,
all I heard was cracking and snapping from the door frame... this being before I even
got the chance to give the pull up bar all of my body weight. So it's a no go. I don't trust it
at all, and I'm a heavy, athletic, and strong. The door frame will break if I attempt.
Chest dip exercises target all three heads of the shoulders. It also targets the triceps, and
the chest area especially. As long as you do them correctly, it doesn't matter what you use
to hold yourself up during chest dips. I use two chairs.
And after every single workout, I always eat protein based foods... low in fat, and carbohydrates.
That's the key to muscle repair/regrowth. lol

Interests:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 02:38:50 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah I don't like those over the door excising equipment. Because I think they're not sturdy enough.

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of excising equipment do you have? « Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 02:23:03 AM » Author: boiler1011
I have a pull-up/dip/leg lift tower, bench/incline bench, decline bench, and Bowflex brand adjustable dumbbells. I try to visit my home gym 5 times a week, alternating between lifting and core days. After the gym I usually run between 3-5 miles. I wouldn't consider myself a gym rat, but definitely interested in not being unhappy with the way I look naked. :P
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies