Author Topic: Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters?  (Read 1381 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters? « on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:33 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I'm talking about one of these: https://www.herschel-infrared.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/4-250x250.jpg  or at least something similar

I have one that looks like this: http://www.spaceray.co.uk/uploads/product/large_32.jpg  A LOT smaller though, it's roughly 4 feet long but peaks near 5 feet. It takes is 277V and is rated 6.5kW

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters? « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:35:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've never seen any heaters like those. Our commercial heaters here, are usually box shaped units that run on gas or electricity and have a fan behind them that blows the air out. Sometimes seen in garages or warehouses.

Oh, I did see a similar heater to that first one, on Keeping Up Appearances once. Richard was fixing the electrics at the church and when he turned on the power, the heater glowed bright red and then exploded, and all the light bulbs burst. lol

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters? « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:10:48 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Those are more for shops and workhops.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters? « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:27:22 AM » Author: boiler1011
I don't have anything like that at the house, but my family has a couple for those "jet engine" kerosene/electric heaters at our rural properties. I have always been most fascinated with the huge halogen heaters you see at curbside of many airports. Those things must burn a ton of energy, but damn, they sure are nice to stand under!
Aveoguy22
Re: Who has one of those Industrial Grade Space Heaters? « Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:21:00 AM » Author: Aveoguy22
I don't have anything like that at the house, but my family has a couple for those "jet engine" kerosene/electric heaters at our rural properties. I have always been most fascinated with the huge halogen heaters you see at curbside of many airports. Those things must burn a ton of energy, but (...), they sure are nice to stand under!
i have a few salmanders like that.  the newer ones claim to be multifuel and can run diesel, but its only safe to do outside.  they put a lot of particulates in the air unless you use kero.  i prefer to heat with wood in the barns i have, but the kero heaters heat up the room faster.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies