Author Topic: favorite type of streetlight  (Read 10260 times)
form109
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:20:12 PM » Author: form109
i like wall packs as long as they have glass refractors,they are made mainly for area lighting and would not be all that good for streetlighting.
Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:39 PM » Author: Parrot
Cobraheads, cresent moons and all area lights!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 03:59:41 PM » Author: Rommie
Anything with LPS, especially linear SLI/H  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 07:51:47 PM » Author: sol
At this point, anything HID is interesting to me. I don't particularly care for the styling of the OVX and the older GE M400 and the like, but I quite like all others.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 11:47:37 PM » Author: joseph_125
In terms of collecting, anything HID or incandescent interests me. I might get an LED fixture if the opportunity presents itself to acquire one cheaply but I probably won't collect them like I do with the incandescent and HID streetlights.
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 06:03:44 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
LPS 1st
HPS 2nd

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 05:21:08 PM » Author: Jovan
HPS and HQL are my favourite lamps.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 10:24:37 AM » Author: Michael
Fluorescent and Incandescent street lights in historical manner! I just like the soft light they provide.

Other HID street lights like HPS, LPS and MV I do like also on the second place.

I do like modern properly installed high quality LED street lights with 3000K colour like those I install in our city.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 05:01:15 PM » Author: Jovan
Fluorescent and Incandescent street lights in historical manner! I just like the soft light they provide.

Other HID street lights like HPS, LPS and MV I do like also on the second place.

I do like modern properly installed high quality LED street lights with 3000K colour like those I install in our city.

That is good.Gives warm colour and doesn't make problems to fall asleep.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #24 on: December 25, 2019, 12:52:16 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Anything with LPS, especially linear SLI/H  8)
We have now got a 140W SLI/H lamp, and the gear to run it is on order and should be here in the next few days.  ;D

This was the first type of lamp to be used for motorway lighting in the UK. 1200 of them were installed on the M1 between London and Luton in 1971.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:53:52 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 10:20:01 PM » Author: arcblue
LED toilet seats, of course! LOL

If I owned a city  - and a supply of vintage lights to install, I might do something like this:

-Large cobra heads or clamshells for highways (GE M1000, Westinghouse OV-50 etc), 1000w MH or mercury 
-Clamshells (Westinghouse OV-20,  GE Form 400, etc), 400w mercury or MH for arterials
-Fluorescent VHO (Whiteway, GE, etc) with Powergroove lamps for the Main Street.
-Post top acorns and pole mount gum balls, CMH 3000K lamps, for residential streets
-NEMA mercury fixtures for utility/area lighting
-SOX fixtures with drop lenses for the outskirts of town and bridges
HPS floods to light building facades. Clear mercury floods to uplight trees. T12 4100K fluorescents to light signs.

Not a big fan of ballast-in-arm/power bracket fixtures or radial waves.  Cobra heads would be fine but I like remote ballast clamshells better.

LED would only be allowed for holiday lighting. Traffic signals would have Duro-Test incandescents. No buildings would be allowed to be painted clashing colors like red and yellow together, or would corrugated metal be allowed as siding. Apartments must have balconies and fire escape ladders. Energy subsidies would be allocated to businesses that use T12 fluorescents with magnetic ballasts.  :)

I'm lampin...

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 09:21:19 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
All of the above.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 01:23:29 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I would have coated mercury vapor for main road lighting and metal halide for bike path lighting on main Street.

Everything else would have a mix of clear mercury vapor and HPS. Intersections would have clear mercury while the road itself would be HPS.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #28 on: December 27, 2019, 03:47:11 PM » Author: AngryHorse
That’s a thought coming from the other thread, now natural gas is cleaner, and we have the modern safety valves, we should bring back gas street lighting!!  ;D ;D ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #29 on: December 27, 2019, 05:34:42 PM » Author: Rommie
That’s a thought coming from the other thread, now natural gas is cleaner, and we have the modern safety valves, we should bring back gas street lighting!!  ;D ;D ;D
Still plenty of it around Westminster  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies