Author Topic: favorite type of streetlight  (Read 9919 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #30 on: December 27, 2019, 05:37:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That’s a thought coming from the other thread, now natural gas is cleaner, and we have the modern safety valves, we should bring back gas street lighting!!  ;D ;D ;D
And it would be quite easy to dim them, though from what I remember they're fairly dim to start with.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 08:08:20 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
what type of lighting fixture would you to light the streets

1 radial wave
2 cresent moon
3 nema bucket
4 nema gumball
5 remote ballast
6 remote ballast(powerpack)
7 cobrahead
8 shoeboxes
9 floodlights
10 powerbracket
11 posttop
12 all of the above

My vote is number 1, radial wave.
Whats your favorite? :mv: :emh: :hps: :led2: :inc:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #32 on: April 12, 2021, 08:17:13 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I’m partial to the cobraheads and NEMA “bucket” lights.  :hpscobrahd:
Shoeboxes, post tops, and gumballs would be second place for me.  :gumbal:
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 08:20:12 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
I’m partial to the cobraheads and NEMA “bucket” lights.  :hpscobrahd:
Shoeboxes, post tops, and gumballs would be second place for me.  :gumbal:

Just curious, what are your favorite(s) among cobraheads and NEMA bucket lights? :mv: :mvc: :hps:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 08:25:34 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Just curious, what are your favorite(s) among cobraheads and NEMA bucket lights? :mv: :mvc: :hps:

AEL Series 115 and GE M250A2 for cobraheads; Regent and ITT for NEMAhead “bucket” lights. These are the lights that are still used in my neighborhood for street lighting and residential area lighting. The cobraheads are 100W HPS, and the bucket lights are 175W mercury vapor. I grew up with these lights lighting my neighborhood.  :mv: :hps: :hpscobrahd:
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 08:26:59 PM » Author: Econolite03
I like cobraheads (final-gen GE M-400) and then NEMA heads (GE 201SA).
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 09:48:52 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
AEL Series 115 and GE M250A2 for cobraheads; Regent and ITT for NEMAhead “bucket” lights. These are the lights that are still used in my neighborhood for street lighting and residential area lighting. The cobraheads are 100W HPS, and the bucket lights are 175W mercury vapor. I grew up with these lights lighting my neighborhood.  :mv: :hps: :hpscobrahd:

Good choice regarding the AEL 115! As far as roadway lights made during the last decade or so, those are my favorite. Maybe thats partially  because of their nice shiny paint :D The 115s also have the neatest, sleek styling and are little unchanged physically since the AEL 13-000 came out in 1961 or 1962. :mv: :mvc:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 11:19:59 PM » Author: BT25
 :poof: Cobra-Heads baby!...especially Westinghouse Silverliners! :poof:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #38 on: April 13, 2021, 01:25:42 AM » Author: joseph_125
Cobraheads, my favorites being Westinghouse Silverliners and the older Powerlites.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 07:22:21 AM » Author: Michael
Why nobody is mentioning fluorescent street lighting?
f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #40 on: April 17, 2021, 04:35:13 PM » Author: f36t8
I think mainly because they are uncommon except for in a few European countries. In Germany they seem to have been quite popular, but in Sweden I never saw any on a public street (just a few times on parking lots etc).
magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite type of streetlight « Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 04:53:44 PM » Author: magslight

Best FT lantern is the Siemens 5LA311 for me. The thing is, as f38t8 said right, the FT lanterns existed more in western Europe and only decades ago in the rest of the world. Btw many German and Swiss streetlights existed too in South America. There were even later the Stradasole Gs copied.

Best MV lantern series are in my opinion the Hackebeilchens from Siemens.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies