Author Topic: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in?  (Read 3353 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « on: March 23, 2018, 10:01:43 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well 95% of the time when I walk through the doors of any place I quickly scim the place floor to ceiling to look at lighting. The same thing applies with roads with streetlighting
I often go into parking garages to look in lighting
IMO you should always look up in any place when you first walk in, just don't do it for an extended amount of time because I got pulled for trying to read an etch on a 6ft tube  :-\

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:15:07 AM » Author: dor123
I do this almost always.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 01:13:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I didn't do this until Ria started to make me aware of lighting, now I always glance up to see what type of fittings have been installed.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:14:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well 95% of the time when I walk through the doors of any place I quickly scim the place floor to ceiling to look at lighting. The same thing applies with roads with streetlighting
I often go into parking garages to look in lighting
IMO you should always look up in any place when you first walk in, just don't do it for an extended amount of time because I got pulled for trying to read an etch on a 6ft tube
  :-\
Was that because you were on a step ladder at the time.??  :D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 01:17:22 PM » Author: Rommie
I used to do this, but I don't so much nowadays, because more often than not they've fitted [censored] LED's  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 06:29:15 PM » Author: paintballer22
I do it all the time.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 08:18:15 PM » Author: Silverliner
I do!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 08:37:41 PM » Author: sol
I do, too. However, usually if it is LED, that's it. If it's fluorescent, I might look again now and then during my visit to spot EOL lamps, end banding, different colour temperatures, louvres, etc. If it's HID, then I look at the beauty of the fixtures and the quality of the light they produce and quietly enjoy every aspect of it.

Oh, and if it is HID, I quietly pray that there will be a 3-second power outage so I can see a hot restrike, provided it doesn't happen the moment I am to leave. Other than the school gymnasium, it has never happened to me and now has very little chance of happening with the demise of HID.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 09:10:35 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I do too. But not all the time, and yet I dont get caught. But except security cameras, but hey they don't care, as long as your not doing anything wrong.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 09:23:26 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I do too. But not all the time, and yet I dont get caught. But except security cameras, but hey they don't care, as long as your not doing anything wrong.
We both like to wave at the cameras when we see them.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 09:30:00 AM » Author: Rommie

Maybe not, and this may sound strange from someone who used to work with CCTV, but I still don't like so many cameras everywhere. The UK has the most per head of population in the world.
In shops, banks, pubs, buses and trains etc. then yes, but I don't like the feeling I'm being watched just walking along the street minding my own business.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 09:49:00 AM » Author: Cole D.
Sometimes but not as often as when I was a kid.

Also, I mistook a camera that was recently installed at a gate in front of a house for a streetlight. It looked like an antique style light until I got closer.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 07:29:35 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Not to mention that there now IP cameras which connects to the internet, via by an app or to a PC. I think the Bosch ones are more advanced, cause they have 360 degree view cameras. Which they are cool, than being pointing at a certain valuable object, or entry door.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 09:09:15 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yup I do.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who looks up at the ceiling in stores, stadiums, airports etc. when you walk in? « Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 08:43:14 PM » Author: sol
Back in the day when HID was common in public buildings (I can't believe I just said that  :( ) I would sometimes use my watch to determine if the lamps were ED or BT. I wear a watch that has a dark blue dial with a flat crystal. Very handy for that purpose as it is less blinding to look at the reflection of the lamp, as well as being more discreet.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies