Author Topic: Chinese lights  (Read 2640 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Chinese lights « on: March 24, 2018, 03:08:01 PM » Author: Cole D.
These lights are all made in China, but from what I'm understanding they are very inexpensive. Some have a minimum order but some don't. Also I don't know what the shipping cost would be. But they have some interesting lights and even have some with MV.

https://hflight.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-213126351/HPS_MH_Street_Light.html?spm=a2700.details.pronpeci14.7.21d26241a08PT2

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:03:37 PM » Author: Ash
Most of them look good

Mmost of the cheap luminaires however have problems of material quality (corroding over time, screws seizing, etc), and if the design relies on gasket for waterproofing, it will leak so better drill a tiny hole in the bottom right away
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Chinese lights « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:22:17 PM » Author: Cole D.
Is these prices correct though? I don't understand how they sell them for $5-20, and I'm assuming the higher price is if you only buy one. I mean, I know they're cheap and all but how can they sell a cobra head for $20 max? These must be very cheap.

Some of the lights have a video that shows a Chinese lady assemble them and demonstrate them. She works really fast! She tests the photocell with the flashlight on her phone.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:34:54 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:24:49 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I don`t understand who the Chinese think is the market target for these?, surly you can`t copy a range of popular US lanterns, then try to sell them back to the US who have just spent $$$$ getting rid of them all?
With energy prices going higher and higher, who is going to buy job lots of high wattage HID cobra heads???

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 01:43:56 PM » Author: Ash
The few who actually know their business right. But then they probably won't buy the Chinese stuff anyway
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52:57 PM » Author: wattMaster
I wonder how you actually order them, their site is pretty confusing.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Chinese lights « Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 03:31:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
I wonder how you actually order them, their site is pretty confusing.
From what I hear, you have to be a company or store to order anything from them.

Unofficial LG Discord

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 07:30:57 PM » Author: funkybulb
Meaning they want a send a shipping container full
To your door

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Chinese lights « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 07:21:42 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Some of them look like stolen designs from GE, or AEL, and others look like cheap Caster designs that you used to be able to buy from Walmart.  Either way, I’d hold on to my money.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese lights « Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 03:26:41 PM » Author: Ash
This may be the best you can get in the HID department... They might even come out decent

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies