Author Topic: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers?  (Read 4791 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 11:03:44 AM » Author: Rommie

My house has one of those I think...

That's a nice tower you have, wish we had somewhere to actually put one of those...

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 12:13:38 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
That's a nice tower you have, wish we had somewhere to actually put one of those...

Thanks... We don't really use it much... I've always wanted to connect it to my stereo tuner (Technics Quartz Stereo Tuner ST-K50) but parents don't like the idea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:15:24 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:19 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I need a radio tower near me but gf won’t let me even climb it

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 05:24:19 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
You know, I always like the strobe beacons, especially the Flash Technology FH324 (FTB324), the Flash Technology FTB310, and the TWR E1DB-SL. Most of the towers out here have TWR strobe beacons, Flash Technology FH324 (FTB 324) strobe beacons (on most cell towers, and radio towers), Flash Technology FTB310, LED units like Flash Technology Vanguard, TWR units, and some Dialight LED beacons. I seen some red flashing ones like the Hughey & Phillips KG114 incandescent beacons, and TWR incandescent beacons on AM towers.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 03:38:34 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Having been a bit of a radio geek, I have always enjoyed photographing transmitter sites.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 10:09:06 AM » Author: Rommie
Having been a bit of a radio geek, I have always enjoyed photographing transmitter sites.
You'll like this site then  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 01:38:35 PM » Author: Cole D.
This is going to sound really silly, but I thought about this the other day when I was watching the different lights flash off on the towers from my backyard. One tower has a bright white flashing fast, the other has a red that sort of fades on and off. Anyway, what this reminded me of, was as a kid, on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, the blue Eiffel Tower in the land of Make Believe had a red light on top that would turn on and off. The Eiffel Tower was rarely shown if I recall right, so it was always elusive to me and I wanted to see it more often. But I would see the red lights fading on and off on those towers at night, and it would remind me of that Eiffel Tower.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 01:44:50 PM » Author: Rommie
This is going to sound really silly, but I thought about this the other day when I was watching the different lights flash off on the towers from my backyard. One tower has a bright white flashing fast, the other has a red that sort of fades on and off. Anyway, what this reminded me of, was as a kid, on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, the blue Eiffel Tower in the land of Make Believe had a red light on top that would turn on and off. The Eiffel Tower was rarely shown if I recall right, so it was always elusive to me and I wanted to see it more often. But I would see the red lights fading on and off on those towers at night, and it would remind me of that Eiffel Tower.
I've been up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, there are a LOT of antennas up there  :o

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 02:28:37 PM » Author: Rommie
I've just remembered I have some photos somewhere of the antenna arrays that were on the roof of the World Trade Center in New York before the dreadful incident of 2001 :(

I went up there on a visit in 1995 and I still have some photos I took there, but they're 6x4 prints so I'll have to find them and scan them in.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 04:41:53 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've been up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, there are a LOT of antennas up there  :o

I'm sure those peeps are getting a nice dose of radiation.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 04:45:13 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm sure those peeps are getting a nice dose of radiation.
Probably not, actually. Most of it will be radiating outwards before going down, there's rarely much signal directly underneath. Think of the eye of a storm.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Whos fascinated in radio, cell towers? « Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 11:12:09 PM » Author: Cole D.
I used to be fascinated with the Eiffel Tower when I was younger. I've never been to France, but my aunt did go on the Eiffel Tower. I used to make paper models of it, plus I got a souvenier model of it. Maybe I will make a new model of it with lights on it.

Plus this thread is still on topic, because the Eiffel Tower is technically still a huge radio tower! LOL

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies