Author Topic: Tungsram is coming back  (Read 2806 times)
Prismatic

View Posts
View Gallery

Manuel

slprismatic
Tungsram is coming back « on: April 04, 2018, 11:04:10 AM » Author: Prismatic
GE has sold the lighting business in Europe and the iconic brand Tungsram is coming back ;-)

http://luxreview.com/article/2018/02/ge-lighting-name-to-disappear-in-europe
http://tungsram.com/

What do you think about that?

Prismatic@YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/slprismatic

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:42:16 PM » Author: Jovan
GE has sold the lighting business in Europe and the iconic brand Tungsram is coming back ;-)

http://luxreview.com/article/2018/02/ge-lighting-name-to-disappear-in-europe
http://tungsram.com/

What do you think about that?

I am very happy because Tungsram is in quailty in Serbia >Philips,GE,Forma...My grandfather has 2 Tungsram 75w,1 250w Heat bulb,1 100 and 1 150w bulb.On package is written YU language.
Prismatic

View Posts
View Gallery

Manuel

slprismatic
Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:35:27 PM » Author: Prismatic
The question is how much Made in Europe they can deliver. Would love to see Hungarian made filament led bulbs. I also like the redesigned Tungsram logo.

Prismatic@YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/slprismatic

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 02:04:08 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
The question is how much Made in Europe they can deliver. Would love to see Hungarian made filament led bulbs. I also like the redesigned Tungsram logo.
I'm not going to hold my breath on this but hope at least something.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:01:36 PM » Author: BT25
Looks like GE is following Westinghouse in selling off their divisions one by one. GE's US lighting division is up for sale as well. Wonder who will buy it?

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 11:01:28 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Some other Chinese company most likely.  But always happy to see an old name resurrected.  Just like when Westinghouse lighting part II came back even if they are made in china :(

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:59 PM » Author: dor123
Looks like GE is following Westinghouse in selling off their divisions one by one. GE's US lighting division is up for sale as well. Wonder who will buy it?
Philips are the company that bought Westinghouse, not GE.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 11:11:30 AM » Author: BT25
Philips are the company that bought Westinghouse, not GE.

Are you clueless? I never said GE bought out Westinghouse. Yes, Philips bought out Westinghouse's lamp division. I'm old enough to remember Westinghouse lamps being sold in stores...I watched the change over happen. Please read and think about what you've read before spouting off.

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 09:31:26 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
be nice.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 11:28:42 PM » Author: BT25
be nice.

OK...maybe I was harsh. He does however need to pay attention. I get a lot of responses like this from him...and it's getting real old really fast.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 11:33:50 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
OK...maybe I was harsh. He does however need to pay attention. I get a lot of responses like this from him...and it's getting real old really fast.

Keep in mind, there is a language barrier and possibly sometimes mis-communications as he uses a translating service alot of times. So.. yeah.... no need to be so heated over it.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 12:41:31 AM » Author: tolivac
I remember when "Action Tungsegram" made power vacuum tubes-transmitter tubes.These were low cost broadcast transmitter tubes.They worked well-but when they went bad they could not be rebuilt because the parts and envelopes were not to usual tube RETMA standards.That was my first introduction to Tungesgram was with tubes instead of lighting.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:23 AM » Author: James
I think it's a good thing for the new Tungsram.  Above all and what is really unique in today's lighting industry is that they are not owned by some massive overseas investment corporation who doesn't really care about the company and whose managers tend to hop around from year to year without any long-term loyalty.  In this case, Tungsram has been 'acquired' by one private individual and former employee, Joerg Bauer.  It doesn't get much better to give a CEO the motivation to make his company succeed than when he is also the owner of the business, and his personal assets depend on how good a job he does in running the company!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Tungsram is coming back « Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 12:24:03 PM » Author: Rommie
All I can say at this stage is it's interesting news, but I'm going to want to see what happens before I get ecstatic about it. If all they're going to be producing is LED then to me it really doesn't matter much what name they use or where they make them :(

Sorry if I sound negative and pessimistic, but it's how I feel.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:29:11 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies