Author Topic: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA  (Read 14186 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #30 on: August 09, 2020, 11:30:47 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
M250R1 deep bowl
M250R
M400- CG
Some Incandescents as well

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #31 on: November 14, 2020, 06:31:41 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
My favorite is the SOX fixture that was used on the Golden Gate Bridge, the M-2.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:40:49 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 03:59:26 PM » Author: Coolc1234
GE ERL2

Led street lights are the new aliens!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 09:47:05 AM » Author: Cole D.
Powr/Bracket, M-400, M-400A2 Powr/Door, 101SA, 201SA, in that order.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 02:12:50 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I love the M1000 lanterns mostly the first generation lanterns and the finned lanterns.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

trmligt3131

View Posts
View Gallery

--Street Lighting--

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #35 on: March 30, 2021, 11:37:48 AM » Author: trmligt3131
I say GE Eurostreet.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #36 on: April 07, 2021, 08:18:01 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
GE Powr/Bracket, of course!
Desultory13
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #37 on: April 07, 2021, 05:37:00 PM » Author: Desultory13
GE 201SA, all versions

GE M-400, all versions
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 08:08:16 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
What is your favorite GE streetlight or NEMA.

My favorite is the M-400A1 FCO.

My favorite GE street light is the Form 109. :mv:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Desultory13
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #39 on: April 07, 2021, 08:36:48 PM » Author: Desultory13
My favorite GE street light is the Form 109. :mv:
Now that's a cool choice!
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #40 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:59 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Now that's a cool choice!

Yeah, where I grew up there were many incandescent GE 109s along the two main roads throughout the city (Brockton, MA) and at many intersections too. Very few were MV. A neighboring utility used a fair amount of MV From 109s (no incandescent ones) and those were my top favorite to look at, especially at night! There was one with a clear 400W lamp in it that was in service for the longest time! It was on the way to my grandparents house two towns over and it was a real delight to see it illuminated with its crisp mercury light coming through the Form 109 optics! :) :mv:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Desultory13
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #41 on: April 07, 2021, 09:23:57 PM » Author: Desultory13
Yeah, where I grew up there were many incandescent GE 109s along the two main roads throughout the city (Brockton, MA) and at many intersections too. Very few were MV. A neighboring utility used a fair amount of MV From 109s (no incandescent ones) and those were my top favorite to look at, especially at night! There was one with a clear 400W lamp in it that was in service for the longest time! It was on the way to my grandparents house two towns over and it was a real delight to see it illuminated with its crisp mercury light coming through the Form 109 optics! :) :mv:
As usual I learn something new on LG.
I didn't know that the 109s were available in incandescent as well, I thought just MV.
Interesting story about the ones in your area.
I'm sure glad you were there when they were in service so we can hear about them today.
Anyway years ago I remember seeing a large number of Form 109s in Georgia, in particular Atlanta, Conyers, and Covington.
Some had coated MV lamps and others were clear.
These lights... I don't know just have a character all their own and the MV light just completely relaxes me.
Those 109s gave those cities lighting that can never be replicated.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 03:34:32 AM » Author: Econolite03
My favorite is the final-generation GE M-400 with the glass refractor. Those have a lot of sentimental value to me as I grew up around those in the 2000s.

They are all gone in my area due to a LED conversion in 2018. However, I bought one that is NOS from 2008, 250 watt HPS from eBay and is currently in my street light collection.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite GE Streetlight or NEMA « Reply #43 on: April 08, 2021, 05:09:56 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think mine would be the M-250As even though they weren't that common here. Also kind of partial to the 1960s M-250R based Crimefighter but then that's maybe because I have one.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies