Author Topic: What Engine sound(s) do you like?  (Read 11025 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:55 PM » Author: xelareverse
Okay so I kind of hate the sound of gas engines. I like the sound of that Ford V8s make. The 3100 on my Malibu sounds like crap.I like diesel engine sounds. Especially the Ford powerstrokes that sound like Refrigeration units.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 04:41:30 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
The sound of a Bugatti Veyrons W-16

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 04:47:47 PM » Author: Rommie

The sound of a Bugatti Veyrons W-16
Ah yes, how could I forget that..? That counts as two V8's bolted together, lovely :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 04:51:30 PM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO... ahhh.. now THAT'S more I like it. I just checked out a video on that car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkP-I54zdI
I've seen that car before... apparently 16 cylinders?
Most certainly unique.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 05:03:17 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Ah! good thing I stated the word "engine" to be all engines

Don't forget about the aircrafts W-24

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:25:32 PM » Author: Ash
If so... Electrical induction motors !
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 09:43:03 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Here are some nice sounding 10 and 12 cylinder engines..

The beloved Jug-  The P-47 with the Pratt & Whitney R2800 radial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuKqPDcAfw

And another favorite, the Rolls Royce Merlin V-12, as found on the P-51D Mustang, and another variant of it found on the the Supermarine Spitfire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy17GmkpWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0KRhduoso

Thank you, Rolls Royce!

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 10:12:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
Now we're talking my language... Rolls Royce. That's a name that has stuck with me ever
since I was a kid, when I saw my first Rolls Royce on a magazine cover. (2006 Rolls Royce Phantom)
That car is beautiful... so is the 2018 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZWG9tb0dg

Now if I could just get a video of these cars in action on the dyno... that'd be great.
Especially the 2017 and 2018 version

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:54 AM » Author: tolivac
Rolls Royce aircraft engines-they are now the second most supplier-Go to the "Agent JZ" website-this company rebuilds various gas turbine and aircraft engines.when listening to the engines on the site-they run them on a test stand-the RR engines have their own sound!The motorhead in me likes diesels,gas turbines and--very large electric motors-love hearing them starting up!The large ones make such a nice GROWELLL when spooling up to speed!
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 01:02:13 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3C386go1Mo

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 01:25:04 AM » Author: suzukir122
@RyanF40T12, I remember seeing that scene as a kid... don't remember when. Probably sometime when
I was in school. Indiana Jones was a great movie.

Interests:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 02:54:46 AM » Author: Medved
What's the point of an engine that doesn't make any noise..?  ??? ??? ???

Simple, the main reason you mostly need one: Provide mechanical power.
I don't know how others, but maybe I'm weird in that: I don't need to hear the engine, I need it to move my car.
And the big noise usually means just one thing: A lot of energy from the combustion gets turned into noise instead of providing the power...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:02:20 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 03:24:34 AM » Author: suzukir122
Everyone is different... I couldn't do it. Not even my pontiac G6... I'd rather hear at least
a little noise from it, just to know it's working as it should. Nothing too silent.
I don't like my pontiac, nor would I ever customize it to have a louder engine/exhaust.
But I do need something with at least a little sound. Acceleration alone would feel so weird.
Reason #2, why I could never buy a Tesla.

Interests:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 10:53:29 PM » Author: icefoglights
I loved the diesel-like clatter of the old straight 6 in the Jeep I had.  Seemed to get better with age, even with the piston slap during warm up that was common with those engines.

I was mostly happy with the exhaust sound of my old ZX2 after I put the Borla muffler on it.  No "fart can" by any means, but probably about as good of a sound as a 4-banger can make.  Flip side of that was a mind-numbing drone that peaked at 3000 RPMs (70 MPH in 5th gear).

When I fly, my first priority is to get the roomiest seats I can get.  After (or failing) in that, I like to sit where the engine sounds are the best.  Typically just forward of the intakes.  Best sound, that's getting rarer and rarer these days, is the "vacuum cleaner" like sound of the old JT8Ds.  I like the sound of the CFM56s too.

Finally, although it wasn't exactly the motor, I enjoyed the sound of the drive inverters on the AC powered NYC Subway cars.  Most distinctive was the Bombardier units used in the R142A and R143 cars.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 11:37:31 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Simple, the main reason you mostly need one: Provide mechanical power.
I don't know how others, but maybe I'm weird in that: I don't need to hear the engine, I need it to move my car.
And the big noise usually means just one thing: A lot of energy from the combustion gets turned into noise instead of providing the power...

I couldn't imagine being unable to hear an engine. I even like to hear the humble 4-cylinder engine powering my SUV.

I loved the diesel-like clatter of the old straight 6 in the Jeep I had.  Seemed to get better with age, even with the piston slap during warm up that was common with those engines.

I was mostly happy with the exhaust sound of my old ZX2 after I put the Borla muffler on it.  No "fart can" by any means, but probably about as good of a sound as a 4-banger can make.  Flip side of that was a mind-numbing drone that peaked at 3000 RPMs (70 MPH in 5th gear).

When I fly, my first priority is to get the roomiest seats I can get.  After (or failing) in that, I like to sit where the engine sounds are the best.  Typically just forward of the intakes.  Best sound, that's getting rarer and rarer these days, is the "vacuum cleaner" like sound of the old JT8Ds.  I like the sound of the CFM56s too.

Finally, although it wasn't exactly the motor, I enjoyed the sound of the drive inverters on the AC powered NYC Subway cars.  Most distinctive was the Bombardier units used in the R142A and R143 cars.

I must admit I do like the sound of diesel engines. I'm buying a pickup soon and it has a 3.0L turbodiesel engine. You have to love the sound of the whistling turbo as the engine build RPMs.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies