Author Topic: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened??  (Read 1618 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « on: April 08, 2018, 01:39:13 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
At 2AM on a Saturday, a line of strong to severe thunderstorms came, with a very strong cold front and after it passed, and yesterday during the daytime, the temperatures kept going down. Not up, like it usually does during daytime hours. At Saturday night to Sunday morning, the temperatures overnight were 44* degrees (according to my weather station). Its like Spring vanished or something. But today, its going to the  lower 70s for daytime, in Southeast Texas. Weird.   :-\

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:45:43 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Weather in many places all over the U.S. have been experiencing weather that does not match the season at all
My guess would be something with global warming, but you said you got snow, so I guess it's global warming doing something to the climate
Somebody is prolly going to shoot me down on this but this is my best explanation

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:52:19 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Uhh, it didn't snow in Southeast Texas. Just rain that came, Saturday overnight with strong to severe thunderstorms. Plus during the night, there was a lightning strike from 350 feet from my house! I didn't capture it on a camera, but it was VERY close, and it was loud too!  :o  And no I wasn't standing outside. I was in my room.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
That happened a few times here earlier this winter. Usually the fronts tended to come through on Friday nights. But whenever they did there would be severe thunderstorms late Friday/early Saturday. Usually they were so loud they would wake me up if they came after I had gone to sleep. But I kind of enjoyed the thunderstorms, and I like to lay in bed and listen to the rain so they didn't bother me much as long as I wasn't out in them.

Yesterday afternoon around 3 we did get some lightning starting to pop but it didn't rain until after dark, which wasn't much. I could still see lightning after it was dark but the worst storms were east of here.

I think our cold weather is about over for this winter, unless we have some cool fronts, but I doubt it will get below the 60s again.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 02:39:00 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
No such thing as consistency when it comes to spring weather.  Anything can happen. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:49:10 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Surprisingly enough (atleast as far as I'm concerned) Michigan has been seeming fairly stable for the past couple weeks. a nice 20 to 40 degree temperature with the occasional bit of snow..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:50:26 AM » Author: tolivac
Changed from warm to cold in my area too,had to turn the heat back on!
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 12:44:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
We're supposed to get a cold front tonight, so we might get some bad weather today. It was sunny this morning but now is cloudy. Plus we're under a tornado watch until this evening.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Spring just turned back into Winter here at Southeast Texas. What happened?? « Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 02:10:19 PM » Author: Lumex120
Same thing happened here. We got over 1' of snow overnight. :o

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies