Author Topic: Walmart remodel/lighting  (Read 1067 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Walmart remodel/lighting « on: April 15, 2018, 01:40:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
I read where our Walmart is supposed to be remodeled later this year. They said the lighting would be upgraded but I'm not sure how unless they mean LED. Our Walmart has the suspended ceiling over the main part of the store with the strip lights that recess up into it. All of this is original from 1993 when it was built. The garden center has no ceiling though and also has the strips. And of course the outside of the garden center has the fluorescent strips with plastic covers. The grocery side of the store was built on in 1997 and has no ceiling plus it has the skylights. The lights in there are strips too and I can remember way back in the late 90s I went shopping with my mom and the lights would dim sometimes if the sun was bright, and have wavy patterns in the tubes.

The parking lot appears to be all metal halide currently.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Walmart remodel/lighting « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:08:18 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
One of the walmarts here has those recessed that were originally 2xF96T12, years ago those were 'upgraded' to F32T8 .. more recently sometime after the store was remodled/expanded to have a grocery section, those F32T8 lights had LED tubes put in them.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies