Author Topic: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression?  (Read 11907 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 07:51:24 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I still go strong but I’ve decided not go to school tomorrow because I can feel my depression the night before and in the morning I’m total crap
In fact I feel it right now, it gets harder to hide as the day goes on. That’s why I have three girls from school and girlfriend and her sisters to help me. They’ll do anything to stop me from doing something that I’d regret later on, even if it causes them to pin me down, yes all 6 really care for me

What CEB1993 has been saying has been really positive

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:15:15 AM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #31 on: May 01, 2018, 12:21:29 PM » Author: CEB1993
@ Suzukir122 and F96T12 DD VHO, I’m really touched that I’m able to make a difference and offer some encouragement into your lives  :) I hope and pray that you and anyone else dealing with the pain of depression finds the strength and faith to overcome, and find joy in life.

I’ve found that reaching out to others, making friends, and being a part of a group where I feel “included” helps me feel accepted and secure with myself.  When I’m feeling down, it helps to think of my support network of family and close friends. Getting engrossed in things I feel passionate about (i.e. lighting and cars) helps me to forget all about the struggles in my life. It makes me feel really good that I am able to offer advice and encouragement to fellow members here on LG, and in my community.  Knowing that there are people out there who are loving, compassionate, and understanding is an encouraging thought, and I do my best to be one of those people to help those who are dealing with challenges.

As Ghandi says, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”  I wish to see more kindness and judgement-free understanding of people with emotional and anxiety disorders, and more efforts made to let them know there is hope for them.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #32 on: May 01, 2018, 06:37:20 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've got no girl... yet. That being said, I'm not a bad looking guy whatsoever, and I'm very athletic.
*Most* women like this, along with a great personality. I've been deemed "handsome" or whatever, many times
in my life. Heck, the other day, a woman failed miserably trying to flirt with me. This was at Dollar General!
(I won't go into the details. She wasn't my type.) Someday I'll find her though, if I'm still alive by that time at this point.
But as of now, my passion is motorcycles. (Some cars as well... I'll get to that if I ever get to the
point of buying a better, faster car than what I currently own.) My other passion (most original one as well)
is lighting, of course. That's why I'm here, and have been on this site for 8 years starting sometime in August.

Edit: Also, thanks again CEB1993 for the kind words man. I really do appreciate it.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39:56 PM » Author: Rommie
I've got no girl... yet. That being said, I'm not a bad looking guy whatsoever, and I'm very athletic.
*Most* women like this, along with a great personality.
Not all of us, some of us are awkward and bat for the other team  :P ;D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 06:41:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh I figured... that's why I put ** around *most*, because I know everyone is different.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #35 on: May 01, 2018, 06:45:04 PM » Author: Rommie
Ahh I figured... that's why I put ** around *most*, because I know everyone is different.
That's what makes the world go around  :-*

As someone well known (I don't remember who) once said, "You only live once, do what makes you happy"  :)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 08:48:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Not all of us, some of us are awkward and bat for the other team  :P ;D :D
I'm so glad that you do sweetheart.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #37 on: May 05, 2018, 10:17:14 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm on the minimum (10mg) dose of Citalopram, which genuinely does make a difference. I used to be on 20mg but in an effort to come off them I got the GP to reduce it to 10. However trying to stop completely didn't work, so I went back on to 10. I might try reducing it more slowly before cutting them out, I think that was my problem before. Something to talk to the doc about.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #38 on: May 05, 2018, 12:28:53 PM » Author: Rommie
Cit was the first one I went on, didn't make a blind bit of difference and turned me into a total zombie! I won't go into what some of the other side effects were but suffice it to say it removed certain .. "aspects" of my personality and biological feeling that made me feel decidedly less human.

Having been there and done that, I can see the need but the side effects that both Cit and the other one I tried made me feel almost dehumanised and I didn't like it at all.
I've not had any real side effects from Cit. The first one I tried (Seroxat) was a different kettle of fish altogether though, that really did zonk me out.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #39 on: May 05, 2018, 08:06:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've been on Luvox, an SSRI antidepressant that treats anxiety for about 15 years.  Recently, after graduating from college and experiencing a lot of anxiety and depression, I went up to a higher dose.  It helped take the edge off my anxiety and OCD, but it left me feeling drowsy and sort of "blah" personality wise  :(  I gained some weight during my period of the high dose of Luvox (probably because with lower anxiety, I have lower inhibitions and eat and drink more).  About a month ago, I went back down to a lower dose, and I'm much more energetic and I haven't had any overwhelming anxiety episodes.  I've heard it's common for those on antidepressants to gain weight, feel drowsy, and have a "flat effect" to their personality.   

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #40 on: October 26, 2020, 01:56:37 PM » Author: Rommie
Thought I'd revive this one, hope it doesn't depress people too much..!

Since the Covid crisis started, my depression has snowballed. I have ASD and one of the ways it manifests with me is a deep rooted fear (almost a phobia) of face coverings. This means that every time I go out, it's a nightmare, the [censored] things are everywhere  :'(

Sammi and I have medical exemptions from having to wear them, but no exemption in the world is going to stop me seeing them everywhere we go  :'(

We're almost prisoners in our own home now, we had to travel recently to sort out the clearance of my mother's house after she died in January, but it was awful. We can't travel by bus, train or plane as again masks are everywhere. We want to go out for a meal, or go  to the pub and mix with friends and have a drink, without all this anti-social distancing crap.

We want our lives back..!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:13:41 PM by sox35 » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 03:27:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm doing my best to keep Ria on an even keel, but it is hard.  :(

And it wasn't helped when we had to go out on Saturday, a woman driver partially blocked a crossing and in sheer frustration Ria thumped the rear quarter of her car. The woman then chased us down, throwing insults at us.!  :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 03:51:14 PM » Author: CEB1993
This whole covid situation is the foundation of some problems I've been having lately. Life in general seems scary, uncertain, and overwhelming for me. Simple daily things like going into work, going to the grocery store, going to church, or simply getting in my car to drive anywhere are nerve wracking.

I haven't been feeling particularly "depressed" especially since I recently made a job change that's so much better than my previous work. However, my anxiety has been terrible lately  :-\ I've had a few panic attacks and I've been having anxiety dreams. I feel like I can't rest even when I'm asleep with these strange and realistic dreams. I'm anxious about covid directly or indirectly ruining my life (i.e. being suddenly laid off from work, getting sick and having to pay medical bills, etc.)

With my next job, one major prerequisite will be my ability to work from home. I admit this "new normal" is freaking me out and I don't see an end in sight. With that said, I feel depressed in that I am hopeless about things getting back to normal anytime soon. It's just so overwhelming.

I miss a lot of things that I used to do like going to car shows, doing volunteer work, and eating in restaurants. All of these things have been temporarily disbanded in my area. Restaurants are open, but I'm not comfortable sitting in a crowded environment anymore. Many ReStores in my region were closed temporarily and now have limited hours. That's really disrupted my lighting hobby lately.

Stop the lamp bans!

WigWag
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #43 on: November 03, 2020, 06:41:20 PM » Author: WigWag
I've been battling depression since I was about thirteen, I'm now 41. I personally think by being put on antidepressants at such a young age, I'm now doomed to battle this demon the rest of my life. It comes and goes in severity, this past bout after my father passed has been particularly bad. I feel for anyone battling this monster and I'm here to chat if you just want to vent or just have a conversation. We all need to stick together!  :love:
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #44 on: November 19, 2020, 11:47:53 PM » Author: Lumex120
I can't say I have been genuinely happy since the beginning of this year, to put it lightly. I've been stuck doing online school for pretty much the past year, and I'm failing basically everything. I'm so lonely and hopeless and have just had so many bad things happen this year that I really don't know what went wrong. I'm not going to be able to go to the college that I wanted to, and now I'm wondering if whatever I do end up doing after this will be any better or just the same monotonous cycle every day of getting up, attending a zoom class, and completing the day's workload for the next several months if not the next year or two. This just happened so suddenly, at this point last year I was happy, motivated, organized, and I was doing great in school. I lost my job for several months and missed out on several thousand $ that I was going to save so I don't end up like the rest of my family, and now after I got it back it's looking like I'm going to lose it again. I actually kind of enjoy my job and it's been the only thing I've been able to "get out" to do. If I lose it again I'm going to be stuck at home, and last time this happened it was during the summer so at least it was bearable but now it's winter again (did I mention that I live in Minnesota which is known for having pretty much the coldest and worst winters in the country?) and I'm not going to be able to do things like going to local parks to just take a break and chill. I'm still stuck living with my parents, and we just had to move from a not-so-nice neighborhood to a downright awful one, and we're right next to a busy road now so I can no longer get any peace and quiet no matter what, which was one of the few things that helped me cope with the events of this horrible year. The past few months in general have been the worst time of my life (so far, I fully expect things to get worse, I've just come to accept that at this point) because in addition to having practically. And now in my county, COVID cases are spiking again and we will most likely be going into another lockdown. I know there's a vaccine coming but it sounds like even if it does work stuff like this is going to become the "new normal".

End of that, I really hope nobody else here is feeling the same way I do. I wouldn't wish it on the people I hate the most.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:58:53 AM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies