Author Topic: 160W SBMV lamp for project  (Read 4842 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

160W SBMV lamp for project « on: April 26, 2018, 03:37:18 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi all  :)

I need a SBMV lamp that is 160W or similar for a conversion project for my Coughtrie outdoor fixture that currently uses 150W incandescent and I thought wouldn't it perform better with an SBMV in it

Requirements are:

B22/BC base cap

For 230V (UK mains) voltage

Looked on ebay only for those with E27 base caps to pop up and I don't know if you can get ceramic B22=E27 adaptors because plastics ones will definately not thank the heat coming from a 160W SBMV lamp   >:(

I will pay whatever price and do lamp trades

Flurofan96  :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 03:57:48 PM » Author: Rommie
EYE do 100W ones with BC caps, see here

The main page says E27 but if you look at the spec sheet PDF it says they are available with BC caps. The lower wattage might be better in an enclosed fitting and would certainly be smaller. They also say universal burning position.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:59:30 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:43:06 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi MissRiaElaine  :)

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I will definitely go with 100W SBMV lamp as that will lessen the heat strain. Plus the good thing is about my coughtrie fixture is that the BC socket is a ceramic type so it can handle the heat from a 100W SBMV lamp and the heat output could be similar to a 150 incandescent lamp or slightly higher so it wont be too much of a difference (please correct me if I am wrong) and therefore the smaller size will ensure me that it will fit in nicely.

I will happily go for a coated one because not only its only obtainable in coated but the colour of the filament and the arc tube will be blended perfectly  8)

Now how do I order from EYE IWASKIE lighting, via phone or their online shop, either way I hope the ordering and delivery process will go smooth

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 06:58:43 PM » Author: Rommie
Glad to be of help, I think the PDF file does give the dimensions of the lamp, so you'll be able to tell if it fits before ordering. Not sure how to order from them, they may not sell direct to the public, all you can do is ring or email them and ask. If they don't sell direct, they'll be able to put you in touch with a reseller.

Let us know how you get on, I'll look forward to seeing a photo of it lit  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 02:51:40 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I would check the inside `space` in the bulkhead first like Ria says, a 150watt GLS is 125mm long, where as the average MBTF is 156mm, (100watt), and the 160s are the same size as a 125watt merc at 177mm!
even the smaller 100watt will be 31mm longer than the 150 GLS, doesn`t sound a lot, but I have had all these headaches trying to get 18watt SOX to fit things in the past where every mm counts! ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:54:04 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 09:48:57 AM » Author: Rommie
Any news on this project..? It's possible I may have missed any photos posted as I was on holiday for 2 weeks since the last post here.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: 160W SBMV lamp for project « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 03:36:03 PM » Author: Binarix128
I have one for you specifics, and costed to me just $3 USD!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies