Author Topic: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts?  (Read 1680 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « on: May 02, 2018, 10:46:21 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
When I go outside to the back porch, I get the binoculars and look at the airplanes up close, to see what airliner it is. Like for example, United Airlines, and or American Airlines, and etc.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02:31 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I'm quite passionate about aviation.  Sadly bad lungs and hearing prevented me from going into the career field as a pilot

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:10:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
I liked them as a kid mostly because of the propeller blades. I got to go in a helicopter once too. Airplanes are cool and last year I got to go to the airshow and watch the stunt planes.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 07:42:54 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've flown a plane once... Was an interesting experience. DOn't care to become a pilot though.... Well take that back... maybe one day...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 07:51:05 PM » Author: Rommie
I prefer helicopters myself. I've flown them a couple of times with an instructor next to me, but I couldn't afford to go for the full private pilot's licence, it's three times as much as one for a fixed wing light aircraft, and that's expensive enough  :o

My other half Sammi used to fly gliders a while back, though. Never tried that, I've always preferred to have an engine on board  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 06:42:53 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I prefer helicopters myself. I've flown them a couple of times with an instructor next to me, but I couldn't afford to go for the full private pilot's licence, it's three times as much as one for a fixed wing light aircraft, and that's expensive enough  :o

My other half Sammi used to fly gliders a while back, though. Never tried that, I've always preferred to have an engine on board
:D

I have flown a wide variety of aircraft, all the way from a DeHavilland Chipmunk to a HS 748 oh, and once I got behind the controls of a S-61 Sea King. All of those were with someone else with me, it's only the glider that I have flown solo.  8)

Ria says that she likes the Bell 206 JetRanger.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:57:13 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:35:15 AM » Author: boiler1011
Definitely an avgeek here. That is probably my most intense interest, and thus have pursued a career path in the industry.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who's has fascination of airplanes and aircrafts? « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 01:29:15 AM » Author: tolivac
Going on airplane rides soon-from New Bern NC to LA.Will note what kinds of planes these will be.The Charlette to LA ride is a long one.Will bring a fully charged Walkman type DVD player and IPad since the plane will have WiFI.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies