Author Topic: favorite color tempature  (Read 25750 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 04:46:27 PM » Author: sparkie
3500K & 3000K make things look yellow & dull!

I have 3000k and 2700k lamps all over. They are a nice temperature - although I have found a way of getting them to look like 6500k+, if only briefly!
form109
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 04:48:07 PM » Author: form109
3500K & 3000K make things look yellow & dull!

I have 3000k and 2700k lamps all over. They are a nice temperature - although I have found a way of getting them to look like 6500k+, if only briefly!

getting thwem to look like 6500 k breifley,what do you mean.
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 04:59:22 PM » Author: sparkie
Very simple.

All I have to do is light the room with HPS - and then switch over to the CFL's. For a minute or so they look a much higher CT than normal!
form109
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 09:04:50 PM » Author: form109
ive actully grown fond of high pressure sodium,and i like it a little bit,but i still prefer mercury vapor.

btw intreasting experiment sparkie.
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 06:55:24 PM » Author: lightman64
it depends on the application of the light. like for closets daylight is best because of color rendering. in bathrooms cool white or warm white is best.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 07:03:07 PM » Author: Foxtronix
With my experience in fluorescent lighting, I can say that cool white can be used in most applications. Warm white tubes do a softer light and give a great result with indirect lighting. Daylight is great in condition that you don't mix it with other color temperatures as the daylight will appear too bluish. Same thing with Warm white...

form109
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 04:43:14 PM » Author: form109
yeah,i wonder why cool whites are most common,as far as Compact Flourescent's go 2700 K is more common,warm white and daylight tubes are rare here!
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:26 PM » Author: FGS
I have two cool white CFLs and three daylight ones. For the soft whites I have too many to count. ;D (Only the CFLs with built-in ballests.)

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 07:26:14 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Someone very recently posted in another discussion (I think it was Vince) that you can
mix Warm White with Cool White and Cool White with Daylight, but not Warm White with Daylight.  I've found this to be true myself.  I find that everything looks sharper under Daylight and Cool White; my eyes are very used to those color temperatures.  If I go into a room that is lit with Warm White lamps, my eyes actually start to hurt, and everything looks yellow to me!  I guess in my case, I like colors that are more intrinsic to fluorescent lamps (which is partly why I like fluorescent lighting) than colors that attempt to replicate incandescent light. 
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 10:01:32 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Brian: It was me indeed  ;D  Soft white fluorescents are (almost) only good for indirect lighting, I wouldn't see something else for that and yeah for direct lighting it's kind of glary. Daylight is pretty hard to mix with other color temperatures, even with cool white it looks a bit bluish, not as much as with warm white. If you add the 3500K you have a lot more possibilities.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 06:00:15 AM » Author: Silverliner
For me, the only warm white sources that don't hurt my eyes are incandescent bulbs and warm white deluxe fluorescents. The "soft white" compact fluorescents keep bothering my eyes, no matter how much I try to ignore them. They're just awfully glary. I guess it's cuz of the triphosphors used in CFLs, triphosphor linear fluorescents also bother my eyes. My favorite color temperature is 4100K-6500K, clean and crispy :-) Although I admit warm colors can make certain applications look cozy.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

form109
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:20 PM » Author: form109
i generally will use all Color Temps for CFL's...but it is advised that you pick a color tempature that makes the colored objects in the room stand out...the most common color tempature by far is 2700k,3500-6500K Cfls are limited locally where i live..
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 02:23:52 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
2700-3000k indoors, 4100k Outdoors, And still incadescent are still the best light source out. When it comes to MERCS, DX coated puts out more lumens and I prefer them over clear however I still like clear and will use them.

Same stuff, Different Day!

form109
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 10:50:53 AM » Author: form109
DX Mercs also have a Faster Rate of Lumen Depreciation,because of Deterioation of the phosphorus...but still the cool white light they produce can almost blend in with 4100k flourescents compleatly.
Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: favorite color tempature « Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 02:37:07 PM » Author: Parrot
I like 4100K or residential, I also like cool white.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies