Author Topic: Lighting at utility areas  (Read 1285 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Lighting at utility areas « on: May 13, 2018, 01:41:55 PM » Author: Cole D.
I was wondering, do you ever see lights installed at pump stations or other utility areas? I've seen a NEMA head at what looked like a pump station, beside the road, and there was nothing else around it but woods. I also saw one installed next to a pump shed in a grove. I always wondered why they would have them at certain ones only, because usually people are never there unless something needs to be repaired.

I've also noticed the substation near my house has two floodlights on the ground. One bigger one and a small one that looks like one of the Regent quartz halogen types. They don't turn on at night though, so I guess they must be switched only if they need them. Some bigger substations do have lights with glass globes though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Lighting at utility areas « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:02:08 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I was wondering, do you ever see lights installed at pump stations or other utility areas? I've seen a NEMA head at what looked like a pump station, beside the road, and there was nothing else around it but woods. I also saw one installed next to a pump shed in a grove. I always wondered why they would have them at certain ones only, because usually people are never there unless something needs to be repaired.

I've also noticed the substation near my house has two floodlights on the ground. One bigger one and a small one that looks like one of the Regent quartz halogen types. They don't turn on at night though, so I guess they must be switched only if they need them. Some bigger substations do have lights with glass globes though.
Yeah everything from Crouse hinds caged vapor tights to NEMA heads to those weird torch looking lights with the kindof flattened out cone hat thing...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lighting at utility areas « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:20:21 PM » Author: Ash
Outdoor lanterns at pump stations, transformer stations, and such -

- In places built in the early 80s or before - small Mercury lanterns of 80..125W (i would imagine higher power Mercury could exist in big places but i haven't seen any)

- In places built in the late 80s till 00s - SON in any power from 70W to 150W in lanterns and wallpacks, rarely 400W floods

- HID lowbays ?

Inside the rooms are usually Fluorescents in plain strips or in weather packs
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Lighting at utility areas « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:28:40 AM » Author: Cole D.
A few weeks ago I saw some kind of utility area down a path in some woods that has a cobra head on a post lighting it. I can't tell what kind of cobra head it is, but I saw it running one night (which is how I learned of its existance,) and it was MV. But oddly lately it hasn't been lighting at night.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Lighting at utility areas « Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:05:16 AM » Author: dor123
Here are two Gaash American 25 cobraheads at a sewage station near the Yardenit.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lighting at utility areas « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 12:38:23 AM » Author: tolivac
substation at work---VOA plant 115Kv-4160V 4 GE Evolve floodlights-only two are being used.The mercury bucket lights are still there-but not lit.Duke/Progress Energy.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies