Author Topic: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over  (Read 2054 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « on: May 14, 2018, 08:13:14 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Don’t talk about LED in this thread as I’m completely not mentioning it

After they ban all fluorescent lights that we’re used to seeing (if this happens) will Neon or CCFL take over as the alternative
Since CCFL lighting isn’t that big doesn’t mean it couldn’t become a hit for the lighting industry later on
 This is what I think will happen in the approaching years (the next 15/50 years)

If this thread gets out of control I will delete it

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:21 AM » Author: dor123
I don't think anyone plans to ban the fluorescent lamp completely, like they did with the incandescent lamp.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:27:31 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:15 PM » Author: Patrick
Conventional hot cathode fluorescent lighting is likely to be the longest-lived.  Induction was growing and displacing some HID applications, and might have eventually become the norm for CFLs, and other applications where a long tube is less desirable.  However, the future of fluorescent lighting is clearly the solid-state fluorescent lamp, which is semiconductor based and produces light via electroluminescence combined with phosphor fluorescence.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:08:56 PM » Author: 589
I agree with Patrick. In the meantime litetronics makes some cool Ccfl bulbs. I've seen them in person at Cracker Barrels. Site:

https://www.litetronics.com/product-category/cold-cathode/?fwp_categories=cold-cathode

:lps:

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 08:04:28 PM » Author: mdcastle
It's dumb to not talk about LEDs in this thread, because when and if fluorescent lights are banned, that's what will replace them. LEDs are already replacing fluorescent lights without a fluorescent ban.

It would never happen that fluorescent lights would be banned without LEDs, so you're already two levels deep into fantasy. But in such a scenario you'd probably see more ceramic metal halide and induction lights rather than neon and CCFL.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:21:17 PM » Author: wattMaster
It's dumb to not talk about LEDs in this thread, because when and if fluorescent lights are banned, that's what will replace them.
It's dumb to talk about LEDs in this thread, because the original poster didn't want to talk about LEDs.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:18 PM » Author: mdcastle
Then the OP should have made it more clear that he was referring to a fictional hypothetical where LEDs don't exist not the reality we live in.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:26 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Then the OP should have made it more clear that he was referring to a fictional hypothetical where LEDs don't exist not the reality we live in.
The reason why I said don’t talk about LEDs is because every time LED is mentioned in any comparison to any light source, it just ends up spiraling out of control and goes of topic
And sometime there will be another light source better than LED, because with the way the world is, they don’t stop at LED.
This isn’t fictional as it’s a probable prediction

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 03:24:01 AM » Author: Ash
FL bans existed as early as the 90's (in the US) and that was before the invention of the high brightness Blue LED / availability of White LED lighting

Later FL bans appeared (in the 00's) still in the time when LED was not viewed as the only good light source, but when all efficient light sources were viewed as established standards that are to stay. They were intended to push peeps from T12's to T8/T5's

There don't seem to be FL bans underway that would kill off FL. I think the main risk to FL lighting is manufacturers stopping making the lamps voluntarily

As for fiction, we do have LEDs now but this should have never meant that FL must be banned or somehow else disappear

FL existed from the 1940's and yet it took bans in the 2000's to kill off Incandescent, even though at this point FL is 5x more energy efficient and provides better light quality for many uses

To compare, LEDs are only some small 1.2x improvement over the FL's and already are all the rage

The thing i see here is a combination of few factors :

- We are living in a less free world now : That there is dictatorship in what lamps we must use, this is expressed not only in the bans, but also in the quantity of fraud that have been involved in promoting LEDs into where they are today, and everyone following like Apple fans. If not for this fraud, they would have been just another light source with some market share alongside all the others, where it deserves to be, not "all the rage" that replaces everything else

- FL are still carrying the unjustified bad name they got from many decades ago, where they really were with horrid light quality and flickery. Both claims are outdated since the early 80's. Peeps see LED as what will replace the "so bad" FL, not caring to objectively see that FL is better
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: When or if Fluorescent lighting goes out, will CCFL take over « Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 02:20:28 PM » Author: dor123
http://luxreview.com/article/2018/04/halogen-and-cfls-to-be-banned-in-europe

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies