Author Topic: Hand dryers  (Read 2011 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Hand dryers « on: May 26, 2018, 03:34:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
Do you like the hand dryers in restrooms? Personally I like both hand dryers and paper towels. For hand dryers, I prefer the Dyson Airblade ones. They aren't as loud as some others. My Burger King near me and some other places have those Xcelerator ones and I don't like them at all. They're way too loud. I can hear them from outside the restroom with the door closed. Another one that's not as bad but still too loud to me is the World Dryer Smart Dri. The old World Dryers like McDonald's used to have weren't nearly as loud but didn't dry all that well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Hand dryers « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 03:51:16 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Congrats! you've created the 6000th topic on LG!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 08:01:32 PM » Author: sol
I absolutey hate them and thus avoid them. The noise is too much and since they are rarely cleaned, they are a germ factory. I usually exit the washroom with wet hands or dry them on my clothes. I know I cannot avoid all germs all the time but I still hate these.

Oh, and I hate broken paper towel dispensers that are "fixed" by placing a paper roll on the counter where everyone who touches it gets it wet. And another thing if I may, is a waste paper basket too far from the door so you cannot comfortably throw out your paper towel after you used it to open the door. Public restroom door handles are notoriously dirty, and men are less likely to wash their hands after using it....
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Hand dryers « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:31:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I absolutey hate them and thus avoid them. The noise is too much and since they are rarely cleaned, they are a germ factory. I usually exit the washroom with wet hands or dry them on my clothes. I know I cannot avoid all germs all the time but I still hate these.

Oh, and I hate broken paper towel dispensers that are "fixed" by placing a paper roll on the counter where everyone who touches it gets it wet. And another thing if I may, is a waste paper basket too far from the door so you cannot comfortably throw out your paper towel after you used it to open the door. Public restroom door handles are notoriously dirty, and men are less likely to wash their hands after using it....

I usually dry my hands on my clothes as well... but that is because I'm just lazy and don't feel like fighting with hand dryers or paper towel dispensers...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Hand dryers « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 10:51:23 PM » Author: Cole D.
I was going to mention that about the paper towels too. I'm OCD so I always use the paper towel to open the door if there are any. So naturally I prefer there to be paper towels, and the trash can to be near the door for that, I like how at Publix, there's another trash can outside the restrooms presumably so you can throw it away after leaving the restroom. I did notice a local restaurant installed something called a step N pull on the door. You step on it and then pull the door toward you, so you don't have to touch the handle. It's a little awkward to use.

What annoys me are the automatic faucets and paper towel dispensers. They either won't detect your hands moving, or the water or drying cycles are too short to actually work. Especially with those weird plastic sink things they have at Lowes, they basically just sprinkle a few drops and shut off. LOL And Lowes doesn't have doors on their restrooms, just winding hallways.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 01:34:58 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
https://www.sciencealert.com/bathroom-hand-dryers-spread-bacteria

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 04:44:28 AM » Author: dor123
I don't use hand dryers in public spaces, but dry my hands with paper towels or my cloths. I hate hand dryers from the style of dyson airblade. They are very noisy, having a vacuum cleaner like noise, and containing high tech features like blue LEDs.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 06:05:43 AM » Author: sol
Regarding electronic papertowel dispensers, most can be set for the length of the piece of paper as well as a delay before the next piece is available. Some can be set to give, say two pieces of 20 cm each in a 10 second window, and the next piece will only dispense after a delay of 20 seconds. The idea is that people will abandon trying to get more because their hands will have dried enough by then they will deem it unnecessary.

Some of these models can be defeated, though, if you pull down on the dipensed piece indstead of toward you. This will "bypass" the cutter and you can pull as much as you want. Other models have way too much resistance in the mechanism and the piece will tear no matter how you pull.

That being said, i don't really like the delay, but i prefer it over the roll on the counter or the hand dryer.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:07:34 AM by sol » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 06:19:43 AM » Author: dor123
Here, all papertowel dispensers are hand driven without any electric or electronic parts.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 03:38:27 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The type of dryer that you don't see very often these days are roller towel ones. We had them when I was at school, and the only place we still see them is in our local branch of John Lewis.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:10 AM » Author: tolivac
The roller cloth towel machines aren't used much anymore-sanitation and cleaning,mending,and replacement of the cloth towel loops.The cleaning costs many $$$ today.The paper towel machines end up cheaper to use.Same with the electric hand dryer machines.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 02:47:55 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, paper towel dispensers are still very common.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Hand dryers « Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 02:45:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Most of the time when we are out I wear a Pashmina type scarf, and quite often I use that.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies