Author Topic: Where to buy LED lights  (Read 1786 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Where to buy LED lights « on: May 27, 2018, 11:25:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
Is there a store where you can buy LED lights for hobbies, etc? Or would I have to go online? I think Radio Shack would have them but the only one that's still open near me is in the next down. If not I'll just get some on eBay.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:41:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
LED lightbulbs? small fixtures? or just bare LEDs?
If just bare LEDs the best/cheapest place I know of is eBay

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 01:39:41 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
if you are referring to the little tiny itty bitty things for electronics, then radio shack would be your best bet locally, otherwise the internet is what you want. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:24 AM » Author: tolivac
But where do you go when Radio Shack finally bites the dust along with Sears?Both are going under sooner or later.I remember when Radio Shack was a "supermarket" for replacement and experimenter electronic components-and yes, they even had vacuum tubes!That was back in the old days when they sold those items rather than cell phones and remote control model-toy cars.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 07:46:15 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
EBAY.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Power-LED-Light-with-2-pin-Internal-IDC-Cable-10-Circuit-Board-Red-LEDs/142719430224?hash=item213abdae50:g:8WQAAOSwWCBapqxr:sc:USPSFirstClass!80218!US!-1

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 12:24:58 AM » Author: tolivac
Sorry folks---I HATE EBay.Don't use it.Component parts are still available from Newark,Allied,Digikey catalogs.These are easier to deal with and often cheaper as well then EBay.EBay has too many rip-off artists on it.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I have over 400 transactions on EBAY and never once been ripped off.  But I know what I want and I check out who I get it from. 

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Where to buy LED lights « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:46:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to buy E10 base LED so I don't have to solder.

And I have bought on eBay before many times and never had any problems with scams personally. Although I try to avoid buying items that ship from China, not because I had a scam, but because it takes so long to ship. Not the seller's fault as they shipped it right away, but just the long distance made it take almost two months to get here.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies