Author Topic: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay!  (Read 1655 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « on: June 15, 2018, 10:26:57 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Its $62.83 with FREE shipping. Should I get it??? ;D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooper-Utility-Lighting-VAN-Series-Vanguard-III-Roadway-Fixture/273269335386?hash=item3fa01f255a:g:omUAAOSwpoJbGZOG

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:57:01 PM » Author: Cole D.
Definitely, that's a GREAT deal!! Get it before someone else does. If it was an AEL 165 or GE Powrbracket it would already be gone and bought by me.  :)

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:38 AM » Author: tolivac
Very nice---Grabbit while you can!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:28:26 AM » Author: sol
A new one at an electrical counter would cost at least twice as much. They are still nicely made, they are the local power company's standard issue rental fixtures and they seem to last. And I live in a costal area.

I use one to light my driveway, but in 175 W MV.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:51:49 AM » Author: Cole D.
They are still nicely made, they are the local power company's standard issue rental fixtures and they seem to last. And I live in a costal area.

That's cool that they use ballast in arm fixtures as standard. Here they only seemed to use ballast in arm for higher wattage installations, the rest are NEMA head, but all new installations are Evluma AreaMax LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:43:50 PM » Author: sol
Here, all rentals are ballast in arm, no NEMA or LED. All HPS ones are 100 watts and all the old MV ones are 175 watts. Back in the day, I thought those were ther only available wattages for all applications no matter what.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 10:22:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
I could be wrong, I just assumed they were higher wattage because most ballast in arm fixtures I've seen here were at businesses or commercial area. It's rare to see an AEL 165 or GE Powr/Bracket in a residential yard here. Maybe at one time that's all they used for rentals, and no NEMAs. My initial thought was that GE Powr/Brackets WERE the first rental fixtures they used and then they switched to AEL, and there were no NEMAs used until after. That's a possibility, since the AELs usually got replaced with standard NEMAs if they went out. Plus it could just be that rental fixtures in the 70s/80s were very uncommon, hence few ballast in arms. The GE Powr/Brackets all seem to be 400W MV cause they all have the big refractor, but I only know of three.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 11:05:52 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I haven't seen much NEMAs in my area too, all the lease lights are usually bracket fixtures or sometimes cobraheads. I've seem some places with older fixtures such as gumballs and clamshells but I think those were privately owned.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: I found a Cooper Lighting Vanguard III fixture on ebay! « Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:59 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Ok guys, I'll think about it.  ;)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies