Author Topic: GFCIs wired to weird locations.  (Read 1083 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
GFCIs wired to weird locations. « on: June 17, 2018, 11:37:39 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
In my place of stay I have GFCI breakers in fact I have 3 in total around my apartment
But these are wired to many different locations
For the kitchen the “Kitchen GFCI” leads obviously to the whole kitchen, there is one other room that is in the same circuit
The bathroom GFCI goes to the one bathroom we have and goes the the kitchen and to the washing machine plug and the microwave plug
The third GFCI goes to the dishwasher, garbage disposal, and refrigerator (don’t worry we have a small 700W fridge/freezer) all in the same circuit
Does anyone else have this and does anyone know why they do this

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: GFCIs wired to weird locations. « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:26:29 PM » Author: Cole D.
It sounds like they wiring is mixed up somehow. How old is the apartment or the wiring?

Some houses will have the bathrooms and outside outlets on the same circuit. This could be on a GFCI breaker or there will be a GFCI outlet at the first outlet protecting the rest downstream. Same with outlets in the garage. Kitchens are supposed to be on their own circuits and not connected to any others. Plus major appliances like washing machines or refrigerators are supposed to be on their own individual circuits too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GFCIs wired to weird locations. « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:14:21 AM » Author: boiler1011
Funny you should bring this up. We bought our house as new construction. When we moved in I noticed none of the outdoor plugs were working, so I looked at the breaker to see if they were labeled. All the breakers were "on/closed/normal" so I individually reset each of them just to make sure. I couldn't find a GFCI anywhere. I finally called the builder to advise of a possible electrical issue, and they told me it was the GFCI in the garage. I checked all of the outlets, and I couldn't find one anywhere. I was about to call them back and have them send someone out when I noticed the one in the wall near the ceiling (which runs the sprinkler control panel) was the culprit. I reset it and it has worked fine ever since.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies