Author Topic: Pest Control and Critters in your House  (Read 6104 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 07:33:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
Squirrels will chew the insulation off your romex wiring. They like the paper filler between the conductors.

I’d be curious to see what the attic looks like and if the previous owners left anything up there. I know the the ceiling fan boxes and the bathroom fan coming components are exposed, though there isn’t any duct work up there.  I could have a squirrel pounce on me if I check the attic now  :o

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 08:17:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
During the summer I get LOTS of crickets in the house (I hate those damn things ! >:( ) Year round is usually wolf spiders ! EEK!!! I've had a couple of them 2" around before ! :o :o :o The best one was about 10 yrs ago I had a raccoon got in through a rotten soffit and made his way into the house ! THAT was an interesting surprise ! I had critter control come the next day and evict him !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 08:35:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Tarantulas :o ? NO THANK YOU ! I don't like spiders, especially large hairy ones !!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 09:26:33 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'd bet that spider was pissed !!!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 01:54:01 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Ugh. Squirrels/mice.  I just recently found myself tearing out an entire false wall going after those bastards.  Ugh.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 05:51:51 PM » Author: CEB1993
Ugh. Squirrels/mice.  I just recently found myself tearing out an entire false wall going after those bastards.  Ugh.

I’ve had battles with mice too. They get into the garage, the kitchen cabinets, and even into the car. It’s unbelievable how they sneak into the smallest spaces.

They get into the car looking for crumbs on the floorboards and they scurry along the shelves and on top of the fridge in my house. Before the renovations in the new place, the mice had left a lot of their “presents” on top of the fridge. A surprising weakness for mice is bright light.  Mice are nocturnal, so light is a cue for them to seek shelter and sleep. An ordinary 60 watt light bulb is actually uncomfortably bright for them.

Thankfully I’ve never seen a rat in my house, though I’ve watched some crazy YouTube videos of people pouring bleach in the toilet and trying to flush them. They’re excellent swimmers and can climb up through any drain.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 07:56:07 PM » Author: High Intensity
Found out we got termites again because of a rotted out eave that's been needing repairs for almost a year.
A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 09:00:34 PM » Author: A2ZAlarms
besides the good old double-barrel shot gun, the best way to deal wth pests and even get a free dinner is this contraption (see image) if that doesn't work, rip apart that P.O.S. walmart microwave and pull out the transformer and hook that up

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 05:05:44 PM » Author: Ash
My pest control is sitting with me right here licking itself. Best pest control ever
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 06:14:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
On a serious note, our block of flats is of a breeze block and concrete construction, so no pests (other than Louie and his mates) are going to get in, other than the occasional house spider and flying insect.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:31:27 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #25 on: December 07, 2019, 01:54:58 PM » Author: CEB1993
Squirrel in my house last night  :o

This big fat squirrel was hanging out on the cabinet over the fridge in the kitchen. We tried to hit it with a golf ball retriever pole and it jumped to the top of the nearby door frame and tore it up. Then it leaped down to the floor and ran out of the kitchen to the living room and ran out the back door to the porch.  We think it came down the chimney because it’s footprints were grey and sooty looking. Caused a lot of damage on the door frame for such a small animal.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:59:50 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #26 on: December 07, 2019, 01:57:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Did he stay the night and pay his bill before leaving.?

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Pest Control and Critters in your House « Reply #27 on: December 07, 2019, 02:02:05 PM » Author: CEB1993
Did he stay the night and pay his bill before leaving.?

Nope!  Just left behind a path of dirty footprints and a chewed up door frame  :D I’ll have to install a chimney screen because that’s not the first time squirrels have snuck in my house.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies