Author Topic: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road  (Read 1282 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:20 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
CPE just installed a new set of LED streetlights on Lutheran Church Drive at FM 2920, which is the Elite Star SL3S  LED street light fixtures along Lutheran Church Drive. They don't seem to put regular HPS fixtures, unless the customer wants HPS. If I own a road or a road that leads to a property, I'll put regular fixtures (HPS). Although some people won't like the color that it puts out, but I like the orange color of HPS, because its puts out my favorite color.

Now the question for you. If you own a road or a road that leads to your property, would you put LED fixtures or HPS or MV or MH fixtures?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:56:47 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 12:10:35 AM » Author: Lumex120

If I had to light a road on my property, I'd use low wattage metal halide like 70w AEL 115's.

Unofficial LG Discord

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:37:45 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
if I am paying the electrical bill only (not paying for installation) then yes I want LED, 3000k. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:36:36 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I'm going with @RyanF40T12
But if I'm not paying I'd go with 70W HPS

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:37:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
If I was paying the bill, I'd want LED too, but I'd want more interesting styled fixtures, such as the older style LED NEMAs that look like regular NEMA heads, or those LED radial wave lights from Pemco.

Otherwise I'd like MV or HPS, AEL 165 or GE Powr/Brackets.

Plus, this post reminds me of a house near me. It has a long driveway and the whole thing is lit by yardblasters on equally spaced poles, probably 10 of them. I haven't seen them at night so not sure what they are but it looks kind of cool.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CPE (Center Point Energy) just installed a new set of LED streetlights on a road « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 01:58:16 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
If I was not paying the bill and it was up to me?  I'd say a MV!!

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies