Author Topic: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures?  (Read 4299 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « on: July 15, 2018, 11:57:06 PM » Author: High Intensity
I was at Home Depot today and i noticed they had no HID fixtures available and in their place was nothing but LED (from some brand i've never seen before). They still had some of the fixtures up on display with their price tags hanging next to them that were all yellow and 75% off the original price (i think yellow price tag means the item is being discontinued).

Are other Home Depot stores still selling HID fixture (i know their cheaply made but still)?
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:50:24 AM » Author: boiler1011
Most of the Home Depots around my area (DFW, TX) started clearance on them a couple months ago. You can still find some bulbs, but I haven't seen any fixtures on sale in the last month. I would have purchased one or two but the clearance prices were still too high for my liking.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:51 AM » Author: High Intensity
The ones here were so cheap, they sold out immediately (for example the cheap Caster MH yard blaster was only 20$ and HPS one 10$).
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:47:27 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Do they still have Fluorescent Fixtures?

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:31:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Nope, HID as usual at the Home Depot here, not marked down either.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 08:58:10 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Theres goes an era of being able to buy HID from hardware stores. Luckly the used market is still in full swing for a while
they're still sold here...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14:27 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Its good they are sold still for some of you, I believe they are still around in my area stores too , i will certainly check next time. But the disappearance from some members stores should be taken as warning that in the near future they all will be gone sadly

Administrator #5

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:24:21 AM » Author: High Intensity
they're still sold here...
That's good to hear but who knows how long they will still be there.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 08:30:03 PM » Author: High Intensity
Was back at the Home Depot store that had discontinued all HID fixtures and here's what i found...
They stopped selling ALL of Lithonia Lighting's outdoor fixtures (including their LED fixtures) and have two brands of outdoor fixtures, Code, and Defiant. The Code brand fixtures are for sure new but i'm not 100% sure if the Defiant fixtures are new or if i just never noticed them.

Their Fluorescent light fixture appears to be about the same, though i noticed that the store near me has F40T12 striplights for sale, something they got rid of a few years ago. But other than that everything there was still the same.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 10:43:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
I looked at Home Depot and all of their HID fixtures I saw were the Lithonia brand although some seem to be a different style of box than others. At Lowes they have mostly Utilitech brand, and I saw one Lithonia brand (a fluorescent area light).

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 11:52:18 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
The home Hardware stores still carry 35w HPS wall packs made by Designers edge, I have one I bought years ago and they still list it on their site.

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:59 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the Home Depot website here stopped listing the Heath Zenith 70w HPS wallpacks, 50w PSMH yard lights that they used to sell. It seems they replaced them with Lithonia and Defiant brand LED fixtures.

Home Hardware and Princess Auto still stock 175w mercury vapour yardlights though. I believe they were never banned in Canada although most places stopped selling the fixtures and ballasts after they got banned in the US.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 03:19:04 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
It seems the home depot is pro bulb ban. As such I do not shop there unless I specifically need something they have that Isn't elsewhere. Thanks for those links, I was thinking of picking up more of those fixtures to convert to 70w HPS

Administrator #5

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 04:34:22 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The Home Depot near me didn't have any HID fixtures. It seems that they had stop selling them, except for the LED. But still they do have HID bulbs.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Home Depot No Longer Selling HID Fixtures? « Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 06:15:49 PM » Author: 589
The homeless dethspots near me still have the same selection they always have. Maybe this is more of a regional or local thing?

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies