Author Topic: 4 Years!  (Read 4398 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

4 Years! « on: August 21, 2018, 05:04:26 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi all from Flurofan96

This year it marks my 4th anniversary of becoming a member of this site! Sadly it has come that I have less enjoyment on this site as of recently because whatever I post doesn't seem to gain much interest or helpful/useful comments! Plus it seems that most of the British members have moved out and I feel so greatly outnumbered by the Americans who mostly only chat to other Americans (I am grateful for the ones who actually get on with me and don't mind to chat on my pic comments) but sadly I cannot take it anymore and so I wanna take a good pause on this site!

This does not mean that I will terminate my account because I have spent a good 4 years collecting lamps from ebay, charity shops, car boots and going out to places, seeing interesting lamps and fixtures for everyone to enjoy my pics and to preserve the lighting history from my perspective. I will still keep on collecting lamps and so on but when will I come back on this site? I don't know....its not the same as it felt as it was back in 2014 or 2015!

Enjoy this site without me for a huge while

Flurofan96

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:17:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Don't go we're still here and active.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:10:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Don't go we're still here and active.  :-*
Yes, we need all the locals we can get  :-*

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 07:04:27 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi well OK then I will mostly check the forum part of this site especially the off topic one and I will write comments on others posts which I like and can help on

I am going to keep my pic posts very very limited because I mention earlier on this thread

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 07:16:59 PM » Author: Danny
Ive been on here since 2011!
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 08:40:00 PM » Author: funkybulb
FluroFan96

I Am a American who do enjoy British lighting.
as I do have british lighting collection in USA
my latest finds recently is 70 and 150 watts
SONPAK for American market :)

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 06:35:29 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've actually been here since 2010... way, back in the day. The anniversary for me also just passed. As a reward for this, I've decided
to start making lighting related videos on here, on occasion. For me, account creation on this site began 8 years ago.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 07:48:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
I've actually been here since 2010... way, back in the day. The anniversary for me also just passed. As a reward for this, I've decided
to start making lighting related videos on here, on occasion. For me, account creation on this site began 8 years ago.
Wow, 8 years is pretty impressive. I discovered LG in 2013 (when I was 11) but didn't join until over 2 years later.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 08:15:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
I might've discovered LG back in 2006, because of two of the administrators for this site. Although I know exactly who they
are, I will not do any revealing.
They made videos back then on YouTube, and I remembered watching them. I'm not sure if it was through links in their description boxes,
or if they audibly revealed LG in their videos, but I do remember searching on LG not too long after watching their videos.
I made my LG account a little after making my first YouTube channel, Suzukir122, on YouTube. I deleted that channel and made
Suzukir123 not too long afterwards... 2011, I think.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 09:45:48 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I feel your pain, Flurofan96. I used to get more views on my content a few years ago, now I'm lucky if theres even 5, and with the recent trouble of someone downvoting all the pictures, its getting a little tiresome. Don't feel to bad about the majority on here being Americans, I live in Canada and I feel that may be partially the cause of my isolation as there is not to many Canadians here.

Hope to see you around on here, the site is going through some rough patches but we'll pull through. Patrick and co. won't give up on us or this community

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 11:07:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Flurofan96
Sometimes its good to take a little break from a website no matter what that site is.
I personally like seeing the various UK lights on here since allot of them are totally different than what I see in the US
I have a few UK bits, kindly sent over by one of the guys there :)

If you don't already know about them there is a couple UK based lighting sites as well.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 06:36:34 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Lightingguy94 and Xmaslightsguy basically I need to have a good pause of posting my pics of any recent lighting finds! I have continued to collect more lamps mostly like CFLS but I don't feel posting any of the pics there of my recent finds for the time being  :-[

Plus it probably comes from me feeling so bloody s**t after leaving uni as the friends I made there are kind of far out and I'm back in Reading stuck with my parents (I do love them and their house so much) and not being able to drive yet is also becoming an issue for my feeling of freedom and flexability. Also I get that horrid feeling that my friends don't give a flip about me and rather be better off without me

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4 Years! « Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 04:24:26 PM » Author: Danny
I dont feel like posting any of my content here any more either.  I know i am not the only one that feels this way too.

When i first joined this site in 2011 it was a barrel of fun and life. And there was a nice healthy bunch of collectors from all over the world, there was a healthy bunch of UK collectors, US collectors, Austrailan collectors and European collectors. And they would all make that effort to comment on everyones content. Sadly that seems no more on this site as a lot of them collectors have not signed into here for a good few years now. Also the content back then was a lot better than it is now. Basically without sounding awful this site is just full of $h!t€ to put it bluntly.

Ive been in talks lately with a lot of UK and EU collectors and we all have spoken how when ever any of us upload to here we all get very little if at all any feedback on our photos. And it is making us feel left out.

Theres plenty of times here that people have uploaded good quality lamps / photos and stuff. And basically the cr@p is what gets all the attention. Yet a photo of a lovely lamp or fitting is just blanked. As i say this is not just me that feels this way as i have seen a few discussions about this lately.

Basically i think we all need to come back together, make each other welcome, and interract with each other more and maybe people that have disappeared might start coming back here.

I have probably over 50 photos i could upload to here but i really cannot be @r$€d as i know it will be a waste of time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:26:19 PM by Danny » Logged
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 12:04:31 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Danny:
I personally like seeing the UK stuff posted, even if I don't end up commenting.
But I also end up missing some of the pic's that get posted here.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 4 Years! « Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 08:54:23 AM » Author: suzukir122
I also enjoy seeing lighting in the UK (and different countries in general) posted here as well. Definitely... and it's always been that way
with me, and I've been on this site since August 2010.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies