Author Topic: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways?  (Read 1896 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « on: August 30, 2018, 05:39:24 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Ok, in Houston, theres a lot of traffic congestion, especially at US290 wheres theres construction still going on, which really gets congested on the week and the weekends. Oh yeah, especially when entering or going to downtown Houston, Interstate 45 South has some congestion on during the week. Also the Interstate 610 Loop, gets sometimes congested, part of it. And sometimes, when theres a local game going on, like example: The Houston Astros baseball came at NRG Stadium, around there gets a lot of traffic, when theres a game going on.

I wish that the traffic would be better in Texas, like Houston, and Dallas.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 09:01:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
I think it really depends on where the highway is and if there's anything special going on to draw more traffic. Such as you mention baseball games and of course on holiday weekends when people travel more. Road construction slows down traffic due to closed traffic lanes and detours.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 09:24:07 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One thing that can cause congestion on any type of road, is diversions to it from other roads in the area.

I remember a situation here in Aberdeen where they closed a bridge over the river for maintenance work, diverting the traffic that would normally use that to another bridge. This caused huge tailbacks of traffic, in those days I walked to and from work, a distance of about 2 miles each way. Now as I just reached the main road after leaving work I passed a car with a distinctive number plate. The same car passed me again about 500 yards from the end of my street, so in the time it took the car probably about half an hour to go two miles.!!  :o >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 02:31:27 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
If you go into (or near) the city.....it doesn't really matter which road you're on, its a clusterf-uck. (excluding the little side/neighborhood streets ofcourse)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Southoftheborderlights

View Posts
View Gallery

My Favorite Light Poles!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jose-alaniz-8b4744152/ Yojosay
Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 04:47:15 PM » Author: Southoftheborderlights
Houston's traffic sure is a nightmare, whenever we have to drive though we usually take US-59/I-69 to get down south, and boy oh boy it will take us forever just to go from Downtown to Rosenburg. It's mainly just the areas between downtown and 610 and Sam Houston Beltway to Sugarland that is bumper to bumper. Funny thing is, whenever we drive by the city there is always an accident closing 1 or 2 of the main lanes! Yowza Houston is a nightmare.

Street light enthusiast since 1999
Jose A.

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 06:28:41 PM » Author: boiler1011
I assure you that the traffic in Dallas/Ft. Worth is just as awful as Houston. Houston actually has a little bit better road infrastructure than Dallas.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Why are some highways have more traffic congestion than other highways? « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 12:12:43 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I assure you that the traffic in Dallas/Ft. Worth is just as awful as Houston. Houston actually has a little bit better road infrastructure than Dallas.

Dallas and Fort Worth, TX was rated number one of the most traffic jams across the state. Houston was second though on the list.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies