Author Topic: General Electric LA Hillsider  (Read 4783 times)
form109
General Electric LA Hillsider « on: August 07, 2008, 06:26:37 PM » Author: form109
this fixture doesnt seem to be discused very much at lighting gallery,the only things i know about it is that it was custom made by ge for the hills of la in the 60's,i would like to know more about it if anybody has any information on it please post it.
GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: General Electric LA Hillsider « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:49:40 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
I have seen one a while ago in LA while visiting someone.

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

form109
Re: General Electric LA Hillsider « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:13:24 PM » Author: form109
yes but does anybody have any information on them?
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: General Electric LA Hillsider « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:56:56 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Silverliner probably does

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: General Electric LA Hillsider « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:42:18 AM » Author: Silverliner
I know very little about them, but I can say that GE specially designed these for the city of LA in the 60s. They were once used a lot in the hillside areas of the city, but most were replaced by HPS. However theres a nice string of them in a Chatsworth neighborhood which is in the San Feranado Valley portion of LA.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies