Author Topic: My weather station stopped working  (Read 1644 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
My weather station stopped working « on: September 03, 2018, 10:17:26 AM » Author: Cole D.
I have an Accurite weather station that I got last fall. I noticed the last few days on my weather station, that the outside temperature, humidity and wind speed had stopped working. I figured it just needed new batteries in the station outside, so I took it off the pole to change them. But when I opened it, there was an ant nest with carpenter ants all inside the sensor, and the bottom springs for the batteries had all rusted. So I cleaned it all out and put in new batteries, but it still won't work. So I think it's no good. It only lasted about a year either.

I'm not sure to get a new station or not if it only last a year each time.  ???
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:19:41 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: My weather station stopped working « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:42:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Cole D.
carpenter ants
Ug. I really hate those things.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: My weather station stopped working « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:19:30 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I think buying a replacement 5 in 1 sensor should fix your situation of your weather station. Plus try to mount the replacement sensor away from ant mounds and such. If your weather station display isn't getting signal from the replacement sensor, then you might want to get a wireless repeater for your weather station, like mine. It cost around $30 for one. Once you get a repeater, YOU MUST put in the same channel as your sensor and display, or else won't work.

https://www.acurite.com/wireless-signal-extender-for-acurite-sensors.html

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My weather station stopped working « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:09:09 PM » Author: boiler1011
I swear I replied to this already, but mine has been acting kinda crappy as well. It's about 2 years old and my Pro 5n1 has decided it doesn't enjoy talking to the base station or display consistently anymore. I have tried changing channels and obviously the batteries, but I think a wasp or something got in there and died and that's part of the issue as well. I don't think it's reading rain totals correctly anymore.

I think I will upgrade to Atlas soon...
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My weather station stopped working « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
Mine is just a 3 in 1 system that measures wind, outside temperature and humidity. I was planning to call Acurite and see if they could offer a discount on a new sensor but I haven't tried yet. A new sensor would cost more than the whole system.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies