Author Topic: Which blinds do you like best?  (Read 1927 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Which blinds do you like best? « on: September 03, 2018, 10:45:35 AM » Author: Cole D.
My house has blinds on the windows, the white ones that are about 3" wide. Before I had the mini blinds. But I like the wide ones better because they're sturdier, plus the block out the light better. But some of the windows have curtains over them as well, but I like blinds best. We always close the blinds when it gets dark and open in the morning, but sometimes I leave the ones in my room closed if it gets hot because my room is on the side where the sun rises.

Also my neighbor's Evluma Areamax LED light shines in my room badly if I didn't have the blinds. Which is weird because it's more of a cutoff style fixture than the old one which was an HPS NEMA with bucket, but it still shines in. The old HPS lit up my room more than the LED, even though it's about 150 ft I'd guess from my window.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:53:58 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 12:46:08 AM » Author: tolivac
I like blackout roll shades over blinds-they blackout better-block noise and cold better-and more reliable.When I move into a place if it has the dreaded "mini" blinds-those go into the trash and I go to Penneys for roll shades.Now with Penneys on the way out will have to find another source.Since I work at night have to use the blackout window covers.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 01:57:44 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I like the wooden/plastic blinds the best vs the old aluminum/steel type. 
blinds.com is where I get my stuff from. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:27 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
In our living room we have vertical blinds with a 3" strip that block out glare, but do let a certain amount of light in.
In the bedroom we have a roller black out blind that only lets light in round the edges.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:46:58 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I would like black blinds... if only I had blinds.
For now I'm using a black blanket that is thumb tacked to the wall covering the window.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 07:06:02 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't really care about blinds... Mine are those weird metal ones that are on strings and get messed up sometimes. I don't use em all that often.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:32:50 PM » Author: paintballer22
I like the old fashioned roller shades.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 01:14:20 AM » Author: tolivac
Paintballer-I am with you!!!Like roll shades over blinds-HATE venetian style blinds.They are good for offices-but NOT for homes!!!Roll shades and blackout curtains rule for day sleepers like me.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:50:33 AM » Author: Cole D.
I remember we had one of those roll shades on window on one side of the house. Maybe it was just a cheap shade but it was always rolling up by itself and it was hard to get it to stay partway open. It had a cheap cardboard tube with springs at the ends. Maybe the old ones were better but I just like blinds better. I don't care as much for those vertical venetian blinds though, I like the horizontal ones better.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:19:01 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Paintballer-I am with you!!!Like roll shades over blinds-HATE venetian style blinds.They are good for offices-but NOT for homes!!!Roll shades and blackout curtains rule for day sleepers like me.
Yeah, I'm a day sleeper as well.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Which blinds do you like best? « Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:00 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
All I've got on my bedroom window is a couple sheets of that standard diamond-grid plastic like you see in troffers (& it doesn't cover the whole window), but said window is on the back(north) side & 3 stories up from the ground

The rest of the windows have standard mini-blinds (and curtains in a couple cases)
Patio/deck doors have standard vertical blinds.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies