Author Topic: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had?  (Read 2092 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « on: September 22, 2018, 02:07:28 AM » Author: Cole D.
I get scam calls on my cell phone usually one or two a day but don't answer.

Plus at home we get about that many. It used to be you could tell when they were scams because the caller ID would say Microsoft or a city and state instead of a name. But now a lot of times they use local numbers to trick you into answering. We just let them all go to voicemail unless we know who the name is... If you called them back the person would say they didn't call you.

When I did use to answer the calls, it was usually scammers from India saying I had a computer problem. Sometimes I'd say I had an Apple and not Windows.

Most of the the time I just blew into the phone and hang up on them. But one time a lady blew back at me and I started laughing. Plus another time they kept calling back from different numbers until I just left the phone off the hook a while.

Also one time on landline I got a call and heard two other conversations but couldn't hear me. Plus once I got a call and the person speaking Chinese!

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 06:43:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yep I get those calls literally ALL the time. But I never, ever, ever, ever answer. I've always just avoid them at all costs.
They usually never leave voicemails, but when they do, that's when they reveal who/what they are.
If someone calls me from an unfamiliar number, there is absolutely no chance that I'll call them back unless they leave a voicemail.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:08:30 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have eliminated the problems of getting scam calls on our landline, we now have a fax machine plugged in so they get an earful of fax tones.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:35:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yep get them all the time as well.
Unless I recognize the number I won't answer.

-----
A few weeks ago I had one where the caller id said "illegal scam" :lol: :lol: who in their right of mind would answer that ??

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:19:44 AM » Author: paintballer22
I get them as well, I just ignore them or hit the decline button unless its a number I recognize.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:18 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Don't hit "decline", because once you do that, the telemarketers know that your number is active and will continue to call your phone.
When I get a call from a telemarketer (which varies from week to week) I just let it ring or vibrate until they give up.

This is from my knowledge and I don't know if it works for everyone else but it works for me.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 09:04:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
F96T12 DD VHO might be right about that, for real. I've had that same mentality as well. I installed an app that gives
you the option to block them... but I feel like blocking the calls also creates the same result as declining.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Do you get telemarketers calling? Or what odd telephone experiences you had? « Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 02:02:05 AM » Author: dor123
I yesterday received a calling from 055-7232712. After waiting for several second, I decided to answer, only to hear a canned laughter from the second side of the line. Immediately I disconnected and tried to block this number, only to find that my crap EasyPhone 3G saying that this number is already in the blacklist. Than I received a calling from this number again, and immediately pressed the red button.

Here is a picture of my phone:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:02:45 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies